Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

Toefl or Ielts?

Grēne

Grēne

Bosnia and Herzegovina

As u can figure it out from my title i can’t decide which one to take. Actually i am still collecting information about both tests. So , i wonder what your experiences are , have u tried one of these or preparing to take one ?

11:10 PM Nov 11 2013 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

ola33

ola33

Japan

I thin Toefl is way more challenging than Ielts. If you need the highest score, go for Ielts. Toefl is very tough to give you the highest mark, especially, the essays. I’ve passed two times Toefl, and  was half a mark shy to score the highests. I gave up.

02:09 AM Nov 12 2013 |

Hazelgirl

Hazelgirl

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

if you want the degree for foreign education, you should get information about the acceptable certificate there, also you need to know more details and requirments of your university which you applied for. as i know, TOEFL is managed by an American company so it pertains to American educational system and you may need to pass it if you want to register in American universities or institutes, but IELTS is a British systematic exam and it’s used mostly as an admission in the schools and colleges of Britain or Australia. IELTS in most cases emphasizes on Writing, Speaking and Listening, however, Grammar and Reading are highlighted in TOEFL. by the way you should determine your priorities and then choose one of them. Good luck!!

04:43 AM Nov 12 2013 |

Mystical_Pal

Turkey

Grēne Ielts and Toefl are almost same however, Toefl is harder than Ielts in terms of skills. I mean, you can score high marks in Ielts but it’s harder to score a high mark in Toefl especially if you don’t posses a high level in english. Besides, you can attend Ielts to see your level before taking Toelf in order to make sure of your skills. 

10:11 PM Nov 18 2013 |

Grēne

Grēne

Bosnia and Herzegovina

Guys thanks a lot ! :) I also thought that Ielts is kinda easier  althoug they have that interview. I think i will go for the Toefl despite it’s complexity , because preparation for toefl makes you think about some skills that i personally  haven’t practiced a lot and i think that without them you can’t study on english and achieve high scores .I will study in Europe and they don’t care whether you  have toefl or ielts. But if I don’t get the score i need for the master  maybe i’ll switch to ielts :D

04:54 PM Nov 30 2013 |

Hazelgirl

Hazelgirl

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

you are welcome, good luck :)

06:14 PM Nov 30 2013 |