Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

why is my english so poor?

nikisuper

China

i have learned english for16 years,but i can only read,not dare to speak,can not wtite!
how can i do?

03:42 AM Mar 08 2006 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

huma

Pakistan

Hi, I’m Huma there.I’ve the same problem in speaking english.Although I’ve learned English since 16 years too but whenever I try to speak I feel shy and stop it. Now a day, I practice to imrpove it through voice recording. So I choose any of the topic, for example, the teacher who influenced you most. Then for 1 minute I think about the answer and record my voice in the tape recorder. But I need the anwer from you guys that how can I build confidence? Actually I want to go abroad for higher studies and IELTS is required to get admission. But I’m afraid from IELTS due to speaking and writing. Please please help to improve my band in IELTS. Thanks

10:22 AM Apr 28 2006 |

nkcrg

China

believe yourself, and practice more

07:01 PM May 01 2006 |

falovell

China

I have a same problem with you ,i have learned English for many years,but i still don’t kown how to communited with others,when i talk with others I am afraid that there will have some mistake in my sentence.

12:38 PM May 04 2006 |

minhkhanh

minhkhanh

Viet Nam

hello! i have learned english only 3 year in the HIght School . Hic hic !But my english is so not good . I can’t speak fluanthly !
but i said myself : don’t worry , i can do anny if i want . ofcouse the important is what i want to do , why i want to learn speak english!!!!!!! To you too : we will try the best ok

03:52 PM May 04 2006 |

mehmet20

mehmet20

Turkey

hi i want to make friend with you my msn is reis459yahoo.com

02:47 PM May 06 2006 |

ayadoua

ayadoua

Morocco

good luck everybody for what you do it´snot easy i know but if we want to learn we learn be strong have a decision to try to learn more try to read some children english book

10:54 PM May 06 2006 |

need

Afghanistan

Dear
Try to travel to an English speaking country
I used to have the same problem, but now I feel better
I can communicate in a good way moreover I can express my self very well. believe me this is the only solution :)
Good luck

12:54 AM May 07 2006 |

nikisuper

China

too terrible

11:13 AM May 07 2006 |

Inga_K

Inga_K

Russian Federation

I have problems with speaking. I know how and what to say
but have big barrier. I guess it is already not language problem, it is brain broblem. Something hold me inside, make
me feel shy when I need to speak. But I want to speak English
fast so much, it is really my dream.

10:34 PM May 07 2006 |

Riamie

Riamie

Thailand

i think most of us here face the same problem, just that faith in our ability that we can do. i think each day we are progressing!!

07:50 AM May 08 2006 |