Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

What do you see before making a new friend

radheshy

radheshy

India

Hey dears !
Love you all
I always wonder what do other think before making a new friend ! Do you think bout gender, age or nature or writing ? but whenever it comes to my turn i’m a great fan of intelligence, wisdom let me tell you bout some of some of my friends everyone has some quality which attract/impress me very much for example – Shanie is very nice simple but when you read her forum post ” chinese culture ” you can’t help yourself being impressed of … Mapleleafman’s knowledge and helping nature is great ,and lind@ she has bout 147 friends here only in ebaby and she handle all of them of course with care she is the fastest replyer i’ve ever found, her sense of humor is just amazing and danny knows three languages -Latin ,French and English ,Joyen knows -chinese ,English ,german !
Isn’t it cool !
,kanobi, eva ,moody,liza all are great ! Very kind !
if you ask me all my friends are very very special in their way and of course for me too that’s why i’ve chosen them
so now your turn what do you think before making a new friend ?
Keep smiling
it cost nothing but this way you can make this beautiful world more beautiful

12:38 AM Oct 19 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

azadegan

Canada

at first i ve never think of friendship for me at first  it is just a relationship but after a while it could be  some thing more special

04:18 AM Oct 19 2007 |

vimars

vimars

Philippines

for me meeting friends especially those who live farawary from me is cool.. before i befriend with anyone i talked to them casually and observed  how they responded to my statements.  most often anyone is curios of whom they are talking that is why it is usual for anyone to ask their asl's.  in my part i always tell the truth, being honest and frank is how i brought up so it is very important for me to be sincere and honest so others would do the same for me.  i am not a judgmental person so i am not so selective with regards to meeting friends.  as long as they are nice and good i accept them and value them as my friends but when i see that they have bad intentions and rude which i often encountered i'd would tell them frankly that they are not  the kind of friend i would like to have.  i love having many friends as long as their intentions are good.

05:29 PM Oct 19 2007 |

lind@

lind@

Algeria

Hello0o0o0.

dear radheshy,me too i consider u one of my best friends on this amazing website.at first i liked ur pic (baby) very much,then when we contact ourselves,i liked u and i feel that u'll be very close to me…

now i have 149 friends,coz i never ignore someone's invitation,i accept all the invitations come to my profile..i want to be friend with all Ebabians…lol yeah,i want.but to be honest,i have some  close friends,we play,discuss,contact,and send comments to ourselves…etc n i love them very much.im sure that they know themselves :)

I hope that our friendship still 4 ever without looking for any goals.Know that distance, colour,money,age,religion does not make meaning in a real friendship but it only love that counts.

with my loOoOoOove Kiss

08:33 PM Oct 19 2007 |

radheshy

radheshy

India

It’s my promise

01:47 AM Oct 20 2007 |

Mapleleaf Man

Canada

I'd like to be more selective in who I accept as a friend but I can't really do that. If someone has read something I've posted or fell asleep reading my blog and decided to add me, I can't refuse. When I first started I invited people to join me as a friend but now I don't have time to do that, I have too many friends who I interact with on a regular basis. 

Right now I am dithering about whether to accept someone or not. This person doesn't post, has hundreds of friends and really doesn't  need me on his list so I asked him why he wanted me to be his friend. His reply was that he worked for a Canadian company now. That doesn't seem to be a very strong response!

This is a good topic Radheshy!  No one has mentioned the guy/girl thing yet. Honestly, I have a preference for girls as sort of bosom buddies on here and in life. I don' t mean in a sexual way but since my high school days, I have always had more women friends than men friends. I correspond with many women on here but only one or two men on a regular basis. The topics we discuss are no different, I just feel more comfortable sharing thoughts and feelings with women as opposed to men. I realize that this is my hangup not theirs, however. 

09:47 AM Oct 20 2007 |

radheshy

radheshy

India

Thanks mapleleaf man for your kind and cool comment !

11:27 AM Oct 20 2007 |

Newcastle

Newcastle

Spain

Hi , Radhe Nice topic indeed: FRIENDS Although here at Ebaby making friends can seem a really easy thing, I think ,as any kind of relationship, it requires a lot of dedication. No doubt, care your friends is a time-consuming activity.As for your question, SmileWhat does stir me up to accept a new friend? There are no rules for friendship, I guess. As you said everyone of us has something special who attracts you. Anyway, the main thing here is keeping alive our English while we meet people from all the worldwide.And I usually treat in the same way to everybody, It doesn’t matter if they are on my list or not.So, LET’S DO THE BEST FROM THIS SITE!!  Here you are, some friendship quotes: §           “Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity." §          "Friends are born, not made." §          “A good friend is hard to find, hard to lose, and impossible to forget…"§          “Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen to what you say. Best friends listen to what you don't say."§          “A true friend is the one who knows more about you than yourself and still loves you”  NeWCaSTLeWink

01:05 PM Oct 20 2007 |

Monday

Monday

China

pleasure  as one of  your friends .

11:50 PM Oct 20 2007 |

radheshy

radheshy

India

Thanks newcastle and moody , des
me alegro de verte !

01:42 AM Oct 21 2007 |

shanie

shanie

China

I really want to be more conversational with my friends, but I am always in a rut of my poor english. Embarassed

just the same as Kanaobi, I like find my friends more than accept. I usuall search my intetreting topic in the forums, then see pepole's comment, intetresting display picture or unique mind both have appeal to me. I also like seeing the profile of my friends to know more about them.

recently I am really worry about my poor vocabulary, so will take more time to learn that. then I will talk through with my friends, that is great! :)

03:21 AM Oct 23 2007 |