Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

Why English is so cheap here?

Manglish

Manglish

China

Hi, Everybody,
This is a very nicely designed community here and it is free for menbers and non-menbers to learn English, However, this learning PURELAND has been wasted and mis-used because most of the visitors are not that much keen in learning English. What a shame…..
I am upset because learning English is so cheap here that nobody value it as a precious treasure.
Let me go without a “Good Bye”...........

11:51 AM Apr 20 2006 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

ummahzy

ummahzy

United States

saying “yep” is not a mistake. it is part of the language. what you must do is use it when it is appropriate. good teachers don’t just teach students words, they teach then WHEN to use the words.

12:30 AM May 10 2006 |

ummahzy

ummahzy

United States

Flying cat, would you use the word “dis” if you were writing a business letter, or speaking to your English speaking father-in-law? I hope not. Manglish you are a breath of fresh air :-). I can see this is not the place for me.

12:34 AM May 10 2006 |

Manglish

Manglish

China

Hello, Ummahzy,
I am thinking of a migration plan to somewhere I can be of useful. Please let me know if you find any.

03:40 AM May 10 2006 |

FlyingCat

FlyingCat

China

Well,ummahzy,perhaps you prefer “yes” to “yeah” and you will say “error” instead of “mistake”.Absolutely GOOD!You speak like a lady,but i choose to be down-to-earth ,even if i will fail.Too formal a way might startled the ones willing to be your friends.I won’t let my hands be tied of those so-called good manners.Can’t people have a heart-to-heart talk?And how do you feel if I say,”My lord,forgive me for my fault in the sentence,now I feel guilty ,beg your mercy and I am looking forward to a punishment from thou!”

11:30 AM May 10 2006 |

Manglish

Manglish

China

May all be here peace and harmony, and be free from unhappiness and the cause of unhappiness.
Nothing is wrong and nothing is right. It is subject one’s own feeling.
The game is over, and we are still friendly friend here
in English baby.

12:02 PM May 10 2006 |

ummahzy

ummahzy

United States

Flying Cat, do you know the meaning of the not so formal expression “clueless”?....let’s agree to disagree, ok? Besides, you never told me what is in those banana leaves!
Manglish, I’ll keep a look out and get back to you if I hear of a potentially grateful candidate.

04:01 PM May 10 2006 |

ummahzy

ummahzy

United States

It is a good idea to understand the meaning of foul words and slang and street talk. This is real language. No doubt. But remember, sometimes you might want people to have respect for you so you may want to have some polite speech in your memory bank. :-) Manglish…do you write poetry?

04:11 PM May 10 2006 |

FlyingCat

FlyingCat

China

I guess I know an informal idiom “not have a clue”.Maybe I am this kind.If you are patient enough,I will come to argue you when I am old enough to know better,but simply I think it’s not worthy for you to.All right,end of story,may your face see the sunshine.

05:18 PM May 10 2006 |

ummahzy

ummahzy

United States

thank you. i guess i’ll have to guess whats in the banana leaves. wishing you success in your efforts towards English proficiency.

06:10 PM May 10 2006 |

Manglish

Manglish

China

Hi, Ummahzy,
Yes, I make Chinese Poetry. I also translate Chinese poems into English. However, I can not Make English
poetry with good skill. I am still learning.

11:25 PM May 10 2006 |