Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

what do u think?!

amy1620

amy1620

Tunisia

Hey everybody! My name's emna, i'm an english student..I want u to give me your attitudes about the following:

If the PAST is considered as the nightmare of what is taking place in the PRESENT, which is meant to be reality,...what would the FUTURE be??

Please don't hesitate to reply Thank u very muchWink

11:41 PM Oct 26 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

amy1620

amy1620

Tunisia

As I can see "Emily_moon", your comment is taken from two perspectives:

the 1st one is negative as you see the future as nightmarish as the past.

the 2nd one is positive as you talked about faith as a means of insurance against that nightmare even if there's no proof…And I totally agree with your last statement:"we can live only with faith that everything will be ok in future but where are the proves?? "  thx :)

12:50 PM Oct 28 2007 |

coolguy4all

India

heyyy

cool…yar..

we cant judge anything about future so instead of talking about future we can concentrate more to bring out the best in present life..

how is it??

01:01 PM Oct 28 2007 |

gkisseberth

Germany

If the PAST is seen as a nightmare, perhaps the best way to view the FUTURE is as a dream, albeit a good one. Not in the sense that it is unattainable, but looking forward with hope and positive feelings. The best way to realize this FUTURE is to use the PRESENT to make it happen.

01:07 PM Oct 28 2007 |

cherrye

cherrye

Philippines

If the PAST is considered as a nightmare that greatly affects the PRESENT, better use the PAST as the best example of all the mistakes you have done or has happened which results to a not so good PRESENT

It is up to you what you want to happen in the FUTURE. Whether you utilize this PAST and PRESENT lessons and  take advantage of the PRESENT to correct things to work out a good FUTURE

Or take things by sitting down. And simply repeat the PAST.

It is your choice. 

09:09 PM Oct 28 2007 |

amy1620

amy1620

Tunisia

Well, my question here is for "coolguy4all": You said "instead of talking about future we can concentrate more to bring out the best in present life.." I didn't understand we can concentrate more on what exactly? Past, Present, both….??

thank you :)

10:53 PM Oct 28 2007 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Well, my question here is for "coolguy4all": You said "instead of talking about future we can concentrate more to bring out the best in present life.." I didn't understand we can concentrate more on what exactly? Past, Present, both….??

I read that to mean that he thinks that we should concentrate more the present, rather than worrying about the future.  

11:54 PM Oct 28 2007 |

amy1620

amy1620

Tunisia

Come on people let me see ur com's!!!..I need more! hehe see ya :D:D

04:42 PM Oct 29 2007 |

amy1620

amy1620

Tunisia

Ok Emily_moon, u do think that faith is a solution to see and predict a better future, even if this future still unknown, scary, and nightmarish..Well can u plz tell me what about people with no faith?How should they deal with the future??! Thank u :D :D

02:20 AM Nov 05 2007 |

amy1620

amy1620

Tunisia

Well, first of all "Emily_moon", I want to thank u for ur comment..Actually, my opinion is totally the opposite of urs..going back to ur 1st comment where u said:"Beyond Faith there is Knowing. And when one isn't yet in a place of Knowing because one is in a place that is new, there is Faith.", I find it obvious that faith is the only reason why people, with faith of course, are still carrying on their lives even though they're not sure about what's gonna take place in the future, even if there is no proof that everything is gonna be ok..So, as a result, people with no faith have always been living in fear and they will always be!!...Thanks :)

PS: if sth is not clear enough plz let me know..I'd be glad to give u more explanation :D

11:40 PM Nov 06 2007 |

rej

Philippines

O think of the future as hope and something to look forward to if past is a nightmare at least you have the future to look forward to and undo all the mistakes you've done in the past

03:35 AM Nov 07 2007 |