Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

Talking about one's culture

anasskhalfi

Morocco

Hi everybody!

This is a gateway to know about others'cultures : one reads about another's culture then speaks about theirs. For Example:

I am Anass from Morocco. Morocco is situated in North Africa.It has borders with Algeria(East)Mautitania (South) The Atlantic OceanWEST) Th Mediterranean(North). It is far from Europe about 15 kilometres(Spain). The official language is Arabic, but Amazigh is also spoken by a wide range of people. Islam is the religion of the Moroccans but there is also a small minority of Jews. Some of the traditional dishes are: Couscous, Tajin, Pastilla… As for clothes, we have Jellaba, kaftan,Sharbil… Moroccans are renowned for their hospitality and respect for the others. Some of its international cities are: Fes, Marrakesh,Agadir, Rabat… (By THE WAY, MOROCCO IS A TOURISTIC COUNTRY ). This is by no means a thorough description of  Morocco but just a means to practise the language.

What about your country?

03:20 PM Nov 17 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

hosonngoc

hosonngoc

Viet Nam

Vietnam is a country which lie in East Asian. It's my country. My father land is famous for beautiful landscapes such as Ha Long Bay, Phong Nha cave, Da Lat, Sa Pa… Beside, Vietnam has a lot of other world Heritage Centre such as Hoi An ancient town, Hue's Court, My Son Sanctuary… Traditional costume of Vietnam is "Ao dai". This word is a vietnamese word which has not correspondent english word. Today, "Ao dai" is only used by women. Men rarely use "Ao dai". Ha Noi is capital of Vietnam. Vietnamese is friendly and hopitable. I very glad to see you in Vietnam on some day.

04:52 PM Nov 17 2007 |

anasskhalfi

Morocco

Hi everyone!

It seems to me that the majority of people are not interested to talk about their culture. The question is : is it a problem of language or something else?

Let me know if you like.

12:38 PM Nov 23 2007 |

gorebao

gorebao

China

hi everyone!

I am gorebao from China.I am very interested in  your country's culture.

01:37 PM Nov 23 2007 |

richford

Ghana

to know about ones culture is the best way that you can learn about human philosophy and through that u can live happily with any body

01:46 PM Nov 23 2007 |

richford

Ghana

i really like china since my early child hood due to its lavish idea in technology and science can you tell me more about cina plz

01:48 PM Nov 23 2007 |

pty507

pty507

Panama

im from panama its a country in america, specifically central america, between Costa rica and Colombia. in panama there are many things to do the things, the famous panama canal, a modern city, big malls, beautiful landscape and a lot of things… i dont know to say…Embarassed

in my contry are cheapest than others contries in latin America :D

03:48 PM Nov 23 2007 |

mulee

mulee

Ethiopia

I'm from Ethiopia.we have a lot of carture.there isdifferent nation and nationalities live in Ethiopia. more than 70 languages spoken in here.our national language is Amhric.By the way Ethiopia is the turist country couse there is alot of things to saw like the church of lalibela,etc… 

04:30 PM Nov 23 2007 |

bent zayed

United Arab Emirates

I'm from the  United Arab Emirates which constitutional federation of seven emirates; Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm al-Qaiwain, Ras al-Khaimah and Fujairah. The federation was formally established on 2 December 1971.

The United Arab Emirates (UAE) occupies an area of 83,600 sq km along the south-eastern tip of the Arabian Peninsula. Qatar lies to the west, Saudi Arabia to the south and west, and Oman to the north and east. The capital and the largest city of the federation, Abu Dhabi, is located in the emirate of the same name.Our  Religion is Islam. Practice of all religious beliefs is allowed and the Language  official language is Arabic.

The United Arab Emirates, one of the world's fastest growing tourist destinations, has all the right ingredients for an unforgettable holiday, sun, sand, sea, sports, unbeatable shopping, top-class hotels and restaurants, an intriguing traditional culture, and a safe and welcoming environment.

and that's all..Laughing

11:29 PM Nov 23 2007 |

don2ccc

China

hi..I am Chinese..

My country has such a long history…and have a completly different culture or yours…Chinese people are alyway gentle and friendly to other people..China is located in the west of Pacific Ocean, at the south of Russia…

different places in China also have the different regional characteristics…for instance..I live in the west of China..there are many big mountains,  E-Mei, Qin Mount and so on…they are both very very famous

people here in my hometown are like hot food..that because the wet weather…but in China,not all Chinese are like the HOT food..the south-people are like sweet food/rice/fish…the north-people are like noodle/dumpling/BaoZi/hot food(maybe)...

and..there are 2 famous rivers in our country..the Yangzi River and the Yellow River…they are the most important rivers for our Ecomomy/Agriculture/Industry/Dayliy life(the cities)

Beijing,our capital,will hold the 2008 olympic games, wish to see u there…

05:54 AM Nov 24 2007 |

don2ccc

China

by the way..

my msn ID is don2ccc at live dot cn

05:58 AM Nov 24 2007 |