Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

ineed help

fayhana

fayhana

Egypt

Economic goods often consist to material items,but they can also be services to people                                      (what is the wrong in this sentence and why it is wrong?)                                                                                                                  

08:36 PM Dec 01 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

diplomatic

diplomatic

Saudi Arabia

Dear Fayhana

I think we should write the sentence like this:

Economic goods often consist of items that could be sereved to people.

( Items and materials), they have the same meaning hence you have to chose one of them.

(Services) as you written here, it's noun, you should  write it as an adjective or adverb (served).

I wish you all the success in your life.

Yours Sincerely

Diplo

10:21 PM Dec 01 2007 |

labrooy61

labrooy61

Australia

Two quick points.  Firstly you used the word to instead of of.  i.e Economic goods often consist of material items…

Also you should not put a comma followed by the word but.  I disagree with diplomatic in that the use of services as a noun is correct in this case.  The sentence as you have written should be, IMHO:

Economic goods often consist of material items but they can also be services to people. 

02:05 AM Dec 02 2007 |