Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in
HOW TO STAY YOUNG (adapted)

HOW TO STAY YOUNG (adapted)

Date: Apr 11 2008

Topic:

Author: ruth_123

Lesson

1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay "them."

2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.

3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle. "An idle mind is the devil's workshop."
And the devil's name is Alzheimer's.

4. Enjoy the simple things.

5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.

6. The tears happen.  Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person, who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.
7. Surround yourself with what you love, whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.

8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.

9. Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next country; to a foreign country but NOT to where the guilt is.

10.Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.

AND ALWAYS REMEMBER
:

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comments

buttafly

buttafly

Germany

Appreciate your reply Seiyf! You painted the night sky with shinning stars, thanks so much!

Now I am ready for the land of slumber ;) But before I go, let me share the song that got stuck in my head while reading your words: (Humming right now)  

Sweet dreams till sunbeams will find you, Sweat dreams that leave all worries behind you….Nighty night, Seiyf ✰✩✫✩✯✬

Because a really good Good Night Sleep can have a miraculous impact on how we look as well :)

08:33 PM Mar 29 2015 |

Seiyf_khawas

Turkey

thanks Anja, 

really there is no any one who doesnt have dreams in life.. and all dreams are for better,happier,lovelier,healtier life..and dreams gives us strong energy for living..

life smiles to people who fight for their dreams..and its a key to say young..

08:07 PM Mar 29 2015 |

1 person likes this

ola33

ola33

Japan

:))

06:50 PM Mar 29 2015 |

buttafly

buttafly

Germany

Seiyf, love the add-on. Our dreams are what keeps us moving forward, right? If you want something bad enough then go out and get it. In case of a failure don’t feel discouraged, replan and keep going :) 

06:50 PM Mar 29 2015 |

buttafly

buttafly

Germany

Anytime, Olya :)

06:44 PM Mar 29 2015 |

Seiyf_khawas

Turkey

11- follow your dreams :) 

03:15 PM Mar 28 2015 |

yamylight

yamylight

Germany

Splendid words it touch my heart. That what we really need these days thanks for the great word.👍👍

10:19 PM Mar 27 2015 |

ola33

ola33

Japan

Thanks Anja.

04:25 PM Mar 27 2015 |

buttafly

buttafly

Germany

Hehe..I love your statement. You can count me in on travelling on a budget. It has a lot of charm and !yep! can be invigorating! At least that’s how it works in my head :)

Guilt sneaks up on us whenever we feel we’ve done something wrong. It’s an emotional warning sign. I think what the author of this lesson meant that guilt is nothing bad but we shouldn’t dwell too long in that feeling, yet accept it and move on.

03:38 PM Mar 27 2015 |

1 person likes this

ola33

ola33

Japan

Butterfly, I agree. If young bees give me a headstart, I’ll follow! Well, don’t promise to post one hundred selfies;) but conquering a black diamond is still within my leaugue, though probably I’ll go after on a shoestring budget which also contributes to a ‘young’ thing as “
cherish your health’:)

But what is a guilt trip?

01:24 PM Mar 27 2015 |

holaamigo

Sweden

very good list, i will absloutly think bout this

10:05 AM Mar 27 2015 |

holaamigo

Sweden

very good list, i will absloutly think bout this

10:05 AM Mar 27 2015 |

buttafly

buttafly

Germany

Number 5 would be my number 1

But learning..yeah..that’s a close run! 

Olya, let’s do it like the bees do it ( no..not what you’re thinking ;) 

They say older bees ‘stay young’ when doing tasks normally handled by younger bees …so let’zzz keep on buzzing..buzz..buzz..buzzzzz :)

07:03 AM Mar 27 2015 |

1 person likes this

ola33

ola33

Japan

I like ‘keep learning’ . I love learning, always hungry for it. That means I’m young, young, forever youuuung)))

12:15 AM Mar 27 2015 |

Tarita

Tarita

Antarctica

Hey folks, I don’t want to damp your spirits, it’s great and interesting if you keep learning, but I know an old woman who had taught higher mathematics at the university and she wasn’t able to avoid Alzheimer’s disease.

Personally I like #7.

We can be surrounded either a paradise or a hell, but not the one and the other at the same time. So let’s surround ourselves with what we love.

04:38 PM Mar 26 2015 |

buttafly

buttafly

Germany

The title made me curious and for a moment I chuckled all excited to find a new bag of tricks. But this is really deep! Thank you..I needed that!

03:59 PM Mar 26 2015 |

Fábio Pinna

Brazil

Very Good!

09:51 AM Nov 14 2008 |

vetnasser

vetnasser

Egypt

ruth and reemy, you both are wonderful. thank you

06:48 PM Oct 10 2008 |

Alasson

Brazil