Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in
Why do I have to go to school ?

Why do I have to go to school ?

Date: Jan 26 2009

Topic: Reading

Author: Margaret

Lesson

A young girl called Emily asked her mom once " why do I have to go to school ? ."  The mother ignored her daughter and maintained ironing the clothes and that’s what made Emily go nuts. At the school, during the first class Emily was thinking of why she has to go to school ? she even wrote that question on her desk.In the second class she was daydreaming till the teacher woke her up. Emily felt mortified after hearing the high laughter that her classmates made, she wanted the earth to swallow her up at that moment. But she just forgot that idea when her teacher asked her of what she was daydreaming about? Emily with no thinking responded with I was daydreaming about Jim carry that he jump from the classroom’s window and propose to marry me “. When she said this, her classmate who sits beside her replied that’s why we have to go to schools"

…………………………………………………….  

In this story Emily was confused of why she has to go to school. At the very beginning she asked her mom that question but her mom didn’t listen to her. Emily was mad of her mom who paid no attention to her.On her way to school she was thinking of why she has to go school even she wrote that on her class desk! During the second class she was daydreaming about Jim carry that he jump from the classroom’s window and propose to marry her ( like movies ) , but the teacher cut that scenario off when he asked her to wake up and tell what she was dreaming of. She felt embarrassed at the beginning because her classmates were laughing at her, but what made the situation worse when she just said what she was daydreaming of. Her friend who sits next to her said that’s why we have to go to school “. Which means, going to school is much better than having fairytales, it is better to be educated than be a dreamer. 

…………………………………………………………………….. 

So, what about you? Do you agree with Emily’s classmate sentence? Or why do you go to school?

……………………………………………………………………….

Vocabulary:

(  V ) Maintained = continued

( Slang  ) Nuts = A crazy or mad

( N ) Daydream =  A dreamlike musing or fantasy while awake, especially of the fulfillment of wishes or hopes.

( adjective  ) Mortified = ashamed, embarrassed.

( V  ) Swallow = To cause (food or drink, for example) to pass through the mouth and throat into the stomach.

Comments

riyad007

Oman

its nice story but i think we are studiyng to bild our self

and to bild our future.

my englishe is very poor so i hope to help me to improve my selfSmile

08:42 AM May 01 2009 |

mukashi

mukashi

Myanmar

I want to know the answer too. Why do I have to study till now?

08:34 AM May 01 2009 |

LeeChen1223

China

to grow up in a little society, maybe.

03:49 AM Jan 27 2009 |

123AA

Tunisia

interesting lesson and vocabulary . I go to school because I want to learn.

12:34 AM Jan 27 2009 |

Likes (3):

See all >

Share this lesson:

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Bebo
  • Share on Myspace
  • Share on Twitter
  • Email this to a friend
  • Share on Sina

Post Ebaby! lessons on your blog:

Ebaby! Cast