Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

Frisbee Golf

Frisbee Golf

Date: May 27 2001

Intro

1. Learn Vocabulary - Learn some new vocabulary before you start the lesson.

2. Read and Prepare - Read the introduction and prepare to hear the audio.

At Ebaby!, we work very hard to bring you fun English lessons. However, we can’t work all the time. Have you ever heard the phrase, “work hard, play hard?” It means you put a lot of effort into work, but when work is over, you put a lot of effort into fun. We believe in this phrase here!
Listen to a conversation we had last week about us playing a fun game in the park on a sunny day!

Dialog

1. Listen and Read - Listen to the audio and read the dialog at the same time.

2. Study - Read the dialog again to see how the vocab words are used.

Joe

Joe

Tanis

Tanis

Joe:  Tanis, yesterday when we all went and played Frisbee golf in the park it was so much fun!

Tanis:  Yeah it was really fun. It was, it was great to do that with everyone. But, you and Miguel won all of the golf holes. You guys were like Frisbee superstars!

Joe:  Well Miguel didn’t want me to let the cat out of the bag about him being a pretty talented Frisbee thrower.

Tanis:  Well I think that everyone knows that secret now, you know. It was pretty apparent. Chad was good too!

Joe:  Yeah. Chad was real good. Chad had a golden arm.

Tanis:  Yeah he did! He sure did. It was really, um, scary for me. I felt so much stress when those little tiny targets were in front of us. My Frisbee never hit the target.

Joe:  You had a real good toss too. I mean, every time you would throw the Frisbee, it would go straight. I was really struggling with, uh, trying to let the Frisbee go straight.

Tanis:  Oh, Joe. I think you missed the, like, twenty times I aimed for one place and it went the other direction completely! I was not very good but it was fun. You know, everyone was kinda helping each other and then sorta challenging each other too.

Joe:  We’ll have to go take work off and do that again sometime.

Tanis:  Yeah. It would be fun if we could get off work a little earlier next time.

Quizzes

Go Super to take Quiz Go Super!

Lesson MP3

Go Super to download full lesson MP3 Go Super!

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Discussion

Frisbee golf is just like golf, only you use a frisbee instead of a ball. It’s a great thing to do on a warm day with friends. You can even play by yourself!
What kinds of things do you like to do with your friends in the summer? Tell us about it at the Life Goes On Message Board. It’s great practice, and an Ebaby! staff member will help you with your English!

Comments

radstree

radstree

Philippines

Playing Ultimate is fun!!!

03:44 PM May 24 2007 |

Likes (4):

See all >

Share this lesson:

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Bebo
  • Share on Myspace