Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

Airport Transportation

Airport Transportation

Date: Dec 13 2002

Intro

1. Learn Vocabulary - Learn some new vocabulary before you start the lesson.

2. Read and Prepare - Read the introduction and prepare to hear the audio.

There are many transportation options at most airports. You can take a bus, a cab, a town car, a limousine, an airport shuttle, a train, or even rent a car.
Car services are really reliable and convenient. They usually cost a little more than a bus or a cab. The great thing about a car service is that you never have to wait to be picked up because the driver waits for you!
Recently Beth made travel plans. She called a car service to make a reservation for a town car to pick her up at the airport and take her to her friend’s house. Read on to see how she did it.

Dialog

1. Study - Read the dialog again to see how the vocab words are used.

It’s easy to make car service reservations. First you need to figure out your airplane reservations. Then you should call the car service to make your reservation.
You will need to tell them where you need to go and they will tell you how much the ride will cost.
They will ask you for your name and your phone number. Next they will ask for your travel date, a pickup time, and the number of passengers.
They will also ask how much luggage you will have and what airline you will be traveling on. Finally, they will give you a confirmation number for your reservation.
When your flight arrives at the airport, you should go to the baggage claim to get your luggage and look for the car service company’s driver.
A driver from the company should have a sign with your name on it. Once you find them, you should go say hello and they will help you bring your luggage to the car.
When you finally arrive at your destination, you should thank the driver. You should give the driver the payment for the service and a tip. The driver will appreciate the tip which is usually an extra few dollars.

Quizzes

Go Super to take Quiz Go Super!

Lesson MP3

Go Super to download full lesson MP3 Go Super!

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Discussion

Airports can be chaotic. It is a good idea to plan ahead so that you know what transportation options are going to be available to get from the airport to the place where you are going to stay.
I recommend trying a car service the next time that you need a ride to or from the airport. They are very comfortable and reliable.
Your American Friend,
John

Comments

DaeNg

DaeNg

Thailand

Smile Car service is a high quality of service. Smile

04:43 PM Nov 19 2009 |

yishui kevin

China

It`s useful.Thank you for your introduction.

there are many city bus will take you to your       destination in most of the airports in china ,and it`s cheeper than car.

04:11 AM Dec 11 2007 |

coolgal_coolgal

India

Hey this is interesting.in our country bus service is cheaper than car service.  

06:56 PM Dec 07 2007 |

amine96

Algeria

I always use the means of transport more close to my destination

04:20 PM Nov 30 2007 |

angel_64

angel_64

Azerbaijan

thanks.i usually take a car.but i like to take a cab.it is interesting

04:52 PM Nov 24 2007 |

foodever

foodever