Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

Tourist Visa

Tourist Visa

Date: Aug 12 2004

Intro

1. Learn Vocabulary - Learn some new vocabulary before you start the lesson.

2. Read and Prepare - Read the introduction and prepare to hear the audio.

Do you make lists when you travel? I always thought that lists were the answer to all my problems. Well, the last time I made a list, I forgot to do one thing before I left. I forgot to check the list! Find out what I left behind in the next dialog.

Dialog

1. Listen and Read - Listen to the audio and read the dialog at the same time.

2. Study - Read the dialog again to see how the vocab words are used.

Steph

Zach

Zach

Steph:  Do you make lists when you go out of town, Zach?

Zach:  Lists? Uh, no. I don’t even bring a map, usually.

Steph:  Are you serious?

Zach:  Yeah. I just kinda wing it. Um, I’ve had pretty good luck. But every once in a while, I have to stop by a drug store and pick up something.

Steph:  Yeah. I guess that’s true. I mean, even if you do make a list, sometimes you forget things.

Zach:  Were you just on a trip?

Steph:  Recently, yeah. And I made a list. And, ya know, I um, I had everything so meticulously, ya know, listed. And then I got to my destination. I was going to France. And I arrived and I didn’t even have my Visa card.

Zach:  Oh. What’d you do?

Steph:  Well, I looked through my bags and, ya know, I unpacked basically in the airport. And then I called up my Visa company and, um, I had them issue me a new one and cancel my old one, so. It was bad.

Zach:  Well, at least the Visa company hooked you up. I mean, you could’ve been stranded out there.

Steph:  That’s true. Yeah. They totally sent me one. They rushed it to me Express mail, so.

Zach:  Great!

Steph:  Yeah. It was awesome!

Quizzes

Go Super to take Quiz Go Super!

Lesson MP3

Go Super to download full lesson MP3 Go Super!

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Discussion

This setback was pretty hard for me because it was my first trip abroad. Luckily, I had made copies of my Visa and passport before I left home. This really helped me because I was able to contact my bank immediately. I had also exchanged a couple of hundred dollars for travel money before I left, in case of emergency. Boy, was I happy I had done that! Do you make lists and copies before you go on trips?

Comments

Michael_warn

New Zealand

Thanks for the discussion about the tourist visa. I recently found a resource that helps in getting citizenship by investment. While to get Dominica citizenship it can leave and return. You can learn information from  . I hope this will work for you.

07:16 PM Jan 25 2023 |

chai22

chai22

Canada

sometimes i make a list before i went to the grocery, but often times i forgot the staff that i really need to buy..lol

04:15 PM Jan 16 2010 |

Likes (18):

See all >

Share this lesson:

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Bebo
  • Share on Myspace
  • Share on Twitter
  • Email this to a friend
  • Share on Sina

Post Ebaby! lessons on your blog:

Ebaby! Cast