Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

weekend fun

weekend fun

Date: Apr 07 2005

Intro

1. Learn Vocabulary - Learn some new vocabulary before you start the lesson.

2. Read and Prepare - Read the introduction and prepare to hear the audio.

With all the cool stuff going on in Portland, you have to figure out a way to find the very best thing to do.
Steph and Liz are talking about how to find out about stuff that’s going on.

Dialog

1. Listen and Read - Listen to the audio and read the dialog at the same time.

2. Study - Read the dialog again to see how the vocab words are used.

Steph

Liz

Steph:  Hey. How do you find cool things to do on the weekend?

Liz:  Oh my gosh. Well, I just start asking my friends what they’re doing during the weekend. Cause they, sometimes my friends know what things, what things that are going on that I don’t know about. So I just start asking people.

Steph:  Totally. That’s a great idea.

Liz:  Yeah.

Steph:  I like to look in the weeklies, or something, to see if there’s anything going on, too.

Liz:  Yeah. I do that, too. There’s a newspaper that comes out every Wednesday called The Mercury and I look at that too.

Steph:  Oh yeah. That’s an awesome one.

Liz:  Or is it on Thursdays?

Steph:  Ya know, sometimes it’s Wednesday and sometimes it’s Thursday.

Liz:  Yeah. But that has everything that’s going on. It tells about all the bands that are playing. There are so many bands playing every week. And I really love to find out through that.

Steph:  I know. It’s important to look at the events calendars and talk to friends and stuff. That’s cool.

Liz:  Oh yeah. And they’ll always know. Even when I don’t know what to do, they’ll know what’s going on.

Quizzes

Go Super to take Quiz Go Super!

Lesson MP3

Go Super to download full lesson MP3 Go Super!

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Discussion

Finding out what’s going on is pretty easy to do. There are several weeklies in Portland that publish lists of venues and events.
Sometimes, if there is a lot of stuff going on, I will make a list and go check out a few things.
Other times, I’ll go out to one place and chill for the whole night.
When you go out, do you like to hang out at one spot or check out multiple areas?

Comments

aunglawkeeshein

Myanmar

First of all thanks a lot to englishbaby organization for the lessons and good stuff to me. For me there's nothing special to go do out on weekend coz I have to teach my stuents the whole weekend but Perhaps my friend and I will go have coffee after school and share our teaching expericencs of the whole weekdays or something on weeken. Have fun all on weekend with cool things.

Thank you!

07:11 AM Aug 28 2009 |

emyg88

Colombia

I really like to hang out multiple areas and then i choice with my friends the best thing to do on weekend. we check out if we have the money requires. All that i do is just fun with all of them.

03:55 PM Aug 11 2009 |

foodever

foodever

China

I used to hang out with friends at pubs or something, where we could have ourselves drunk with liquors until the breaking of the day.

08:32 AM Dec 10 2007 |

windystar

windystar

China

I perfer to hang out multiple areas, like swimming pool, library,shopping mall. because I can check out many new things and pretty girls. _

03:14 PM Jun 21 2007 |

Likes (14):

See all >

Share this lesson:

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Bebo
  • Share on Myspace
  • Share on Twitter
  • Email this to a friend
  • Share on Sina

Post Ebaby! lessons on your blog:

Ebaby! Cast