Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

Identity

Identity

Date: Sep 17 2003

Intro

1. Learn Vocabulary - Learn some new vocabulary before you start the lesson.

2. Read and Prepare - Read the introduction and prepare to hear the audio.

In the new movie Identity, ten strangers with secrets are brought together in a savage rainstorm: A limo driver, an ‘80s TV star, a cop who is transporting a killer, a call girl, a pair of newlyweds and a family in crisis, all take shelter at a desolate motel run by a nervous night manager. Relief in finding shelter is quickly replaced with fear as the ten travelers begin to die, one by one. They soon realize that, if they are to survive, they’ll have to uncover the secret that has brought them all together.  
John recently saw Identity. Listen to him tell Zach what he thinks about it.

Dialog

1. Listen and Read - Listen to the audio and read the dialog at the same time.

2. Study - Read the dialog again to see how the vocab words are used.

John

John

Zach

Zach

John:  Have you seen that movie Identity?

Zach:  No I haven’t. I, I haven’t even heard of it, actually.

John:  It’s got John Cusack in it and a couple other actors that, I don’t really know their names, but they’re kinda famous.

Zach:  Yeah, John Cusack’s great. I, I love his, uh, his role in, uh, High Fidelity.

John:  Yeah. Only his, his, uh, character’s a lot different in this. It’s kind of a horror movie. There’s, there’s, uh, a lot of people that get murdered and it’s kind of a mystery.

Zach:  Oh, OK. Is that the one that takes place out in, uh, some motel out in the outskirts of town, or something?

John:  Yeah. It’s this group of people that are out in the middle of nowhere and all of a sudden one by one people start dying. And everyone’s accusing each other of it, and so it kinda comes down to John Cusack trying to figure it all out.

Zach:  So, does it kinda have a surprise ending? Is it that type of movie?

John:  Yeah, it’s one of those where you, you think it’s one person and they, they turn it on you at the last minute, and actually, it ends up being completely different than you would have ever thought. So, it’s pretty cool.

Quizzes

Go Super to take Quiz Go Super!

Lesson MP3

Go Super to download full lesson MP3 Go Super!

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Discussion

I’m not big on horror movies, but I did think the previews for Identity looked pretty good. I think John Cusack is a great actor, and he usually makes good movies, so I’ll probably rent Identity if I’m in the mood for a scare.
If you like John Cusack too, you should check out High Fidelity, Grosse Point Blank and Say Anything. Those are three of the best movies I’ve ever seen.
See you at the movies!
Anna

Comments

Silent_HiLL

Ukraine

schizophrene :)

01:43 AM Aug 16 2008 |

Likes (2):

See all >

Share this lesson:

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Bebo