Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in
Freeloader

Freeloader

Date: May 10 2007

Topic: Idioms and Slang

Author: phoogoo

Lesson

This is a funny video by Jonah Ray called "Freeloader's Guide to Easy Living." My friend Matt is in it too.

What does "Freeloader" mean?

Answer:
Someone who accepts a lot of stuff rom other people with out offering to pay or give something back.

Example:
My brother stayed at my house for a whole week, ate all my food, drank my beer and just left without saying goodbye.  What a freeloader!

The video is pretty silly, but it's entertaining.

Comments

jocelyn1212

Philippines

Lucky I am i don't have freeloaders friends.

08:08 AM Mar 18 2008 |

lalobrown

lalobrown

Dominican Republic

there are freeloaders all around the world and we have to learn how to live with those peoples!
so that we know how to treat them.

07:04 PM Jan 31 2008 |

Ann

China

It’s really unlucky to make friends with freeloaders.I think a person should appreciate others’helps.Only that kind of person can be respected by others.Glad to make friends with them.

05:33 PM Nov 24 2007 |

sameer3

sameer3

Yemen

To be a freeloader is not my style too. I have my own work and I try to help my family as much as possible.

04:30 PM Nov 24 2007 |

poopypens

poopypens

Russian Federation

im a real freeloader! keep away of me if you dont want your fridge was empty just like you dont want to have a good conversation with me as well.people pay for my companion with their food in their fridges and this makes them feel so happy! i feel like im a kind fair  :)))

11:47 AM Oct 06 2007 |

armess

armess

Turkey

it is not my style:)

02:26 PM Oct 04 2007 |

12jdg

Philippines

I never become a freeloader but i have a neighbour who is not only a freeloader but also a gatecrasher

09:24 AM Oct 04 2007 |

Liliya-22

Liliya-22

Russian Federation

I try to not communicate with people, who are freeloaders. But I know a lot of them. And sometimes they make me a bit shoked with the way they treat others!

08:59 AM Oct 04 2007 |

Liliya-22

Liliya-22

Russian Federation

I try to not communicate with people, who are freeloaders. But I know a lot of them. And sometimes they make me a bit shoked with the way they treat others!

08:59 AM Oct 04 2007 |

Ah ling

China

all of my friends are not freeloaders .they have good manners .when they pay a visite to my family ,i ask them to just help themselves .but they just have a little thing to eat or drink

01:34 AM Oct 03 2007 |

power_xl

power_xl

Turkey

freeloader = parasite 

04:01 PM Oct 02 2007 |

Voda

Russian Federation

i have a neighbour, she is a real freeloader!after her visit my fridge is almost empty))

03:05 PM Oct 02 2007 |

Steven929

Steven929

United States

This reminds me my high school friends… urrg.. worst friends ever!

04:06 AM Oct 01 2007 |

Liar

Liar

Pakistan

may gathering make me freeloader ;)

i m very thankful 2 them .. lolz

11:20 AM Sep 27 2007 |

babyxiao

babyxiao

China

thanks.

02:15 PM Sep 25 2007 |

dq

dq

Indonesia

different ponds different fish.

its means that culture in someplace is different in other place. For example : how to eat, speak and say hello.Laughing

12:16 AM Jun 23 2007 |

john

johnSuper Member!

United States

I have some freeloader friends.  My wallet is always empty after I hang out with them.

12:19 AM May 11 2007 |

Likes (39):

See all >

Share this lesson:

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Bebo
  • Share on Myspace
  • Share on Twitter
  • Email this to a friend
  • Share on Sina

Post Ebaby! lessons on your blog:

Ebaby! Cast