Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in
Cooking Vocabulary--How to Make Scrambled Eggs

Cooking Vocabulary--How to Make Scrambled Eggs

Date: May 24 2007

Topic: Vocabulary

Author: skyscraperman

Lesson

It's time to learn some basic cooking vocabulary. It's very important to know the correct words in order to read and follow a simple recipe. Today, we are going to learn how to cook scrambled eggs. Scrambled eggs are a simple dish that people eat in most parts of the world. 

Ingredients

3 eggs

Olive Oil

Sea Salt

Put a non-stick pan on the stove over medium heat. Cover the bottom of the pan with olive oil.

Crack open three eggs into a mixing bowl. Using a fork, quickly beat the eggs in a circular motion until the yolks and the egg whites are mixed together.

When the pan is hot, pour the eggs into the pan and move them gently every ten seconds with a spatula.

When the bottom side of the eggs is cooked, flip them over and continue to move the eggs every ten seconds until all of the liquid is cooked.

Sprinkle the desired amount of sea salt onto the eggs. Turn off the stove and put the eggs onto a plate. Enjoy!  

Vocabulary

Non-stick pan: a pan with a special surface that prevents food from sticking to it. 

Crack: To open an egg. This is a collocation.  

Beat: To quickly stir.

Yolk: The yellow part of the egg.

Egg White: The white part of the egg. 

Spatula: A flat cooking tool. 

Flip: To rotate.

Sprinkle: To distribute.

Comments

bellaboo2422

Pakistan

its a good recipe indeed but if we add bit of milk in it while beating the eggs it ll make our egg tasty and flufy. we can also add cheese and crushed garlic to add flavour and some other spices too.

08:58 PM Aug 13 2012 |

La Princesse de la vie

Egypt

I can make scrambled eggs, but I didn’t know some terms that I’ve just learned them here..

Thank you :)

08:15 PM Aug 13 2012 |

Learner of Life

Indonesia

:) thanks for the nice lesson.

Anybody should try it, at least once in his life ^^

03:04 AM Aug 09 2011 |

xiaoxu_job

China

i can learn how to do it form this that is very clearily

02:37 AM Aug 09 2011 |

dr_smilingtears

Egypt

nice lesson

thanksSmile

11:52 PM Jan 07 2011 |

nancyy2y

nancyy2y

Egypt

great useful lesson

03:20 AM Jun 07 2010 |

Bad Boy1029

China

After this passage,I am hungry!Laughing

01:47 AM Nov 12 2009 |

MsCourtney

MsCourtney

Russian Federation

<!-[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-><!-[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState=”false” LatentStyleCount=”156”> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]-> <!- /* Style Definitions / p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:””; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:”Times New Roman”; mso-fareast-font-family:”Times New Roman”;} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:2.0cm 42.5pt 2.0cm 3.0cm; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -> <!-[if gte mso 10]> <style> / Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:”Обычная таблица”; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:””; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:”Times New Roman”; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]->

Joke:

-Can you cook?

-Yes! I am good at cooking … scrambled eggs!

05:53 PM Jul 16 2009 |

farzane abangir

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

it is a good food

10:44 AM May 27 2008 |

farzane abangir

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

it is necessary to eat eggs

10:42 AM May 27 2008 |

hakan08

Turkey

hey..it is  wonderfooll..i like it..and this is  so good way to learn english..thank you very much

11:56 PM Apr 05 2008 |

Stitch

Stitch

Taiwan

It’s a great idea to learn cooking and English at the same time!

03:46 AM Apr 05 2008 |

sukya

sukya

China

I love thise dish!!!

02:31 AM Apr 05 2008 |

BaRbIcAn88

BaRbIcAn88

United Arab Emirates

I sElDoM Eat ScrAmBlEd EgGs

Undecided

10:59 AM Apr 03 2008 |

eieikhine

Myanmar

thanks for nice lesson

06:11 AM Apr 03 2008 |

eieikhine

Myanmar

thanks for nice lesson

06:09 AM Apr 03 2008 |

cynthia_Verdin

Mexico

I never eat scrumbled eggs. But after this recipe, I’d like to.

11:54 PM Apr 02 2008 |

america martinez

Honduras

i liked scrambled eggs. this recipe is very easy to do.

09:41 PM Apr 02 2008 |

xiaohuichang

China

the producedure of cooking is quite easy but it  is a little bit difficult to explain it in english for some of us  ,so while enjoying the tasty eggs , please show thanks to the writer and the most inportant thing is to rember the words .thanks again!

02:15 AM Apr 02 2008 |

hakan08

Turkey

HEY  İT İS  SO GREAT..İ LİKE İT

11:24 PM Mar 31 2008 |

Likes (116):

See all >

Share this lesson:

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Bebo
  • Share on Myspace
  • Share on Twitter