Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in
Show your feeling and emotions alphabetically...

Show your feeling and emotions alphabetically...

Date: Dec 21 2011

Topic: Vocabulary

Author: cherrybirbie

Lesson

aghast  adj. [not before noun] filled with horror and suprise when you see or hear sth. SYN. horrified: Erica looked at him aghast. +at sth He stood aghast at the sight of so much blood.

bullish  adj.feeling confident and positive about the future: in a bullish mood.

cheesed off  adj. [not before noun] +(with/about sb/sth) (BrE, informal) annoyed or bored.

dead beat (also beat) adj. [not before noun] (informal) very tired: You look dead beat.

elated adj. + (at/by sth) very happy and excited because of sth good that has happened, or will happen: They were elated at the result. I was elated by the prospect of the new job ahead.

forlorn adj. (of a person) appearing lonely and unhappy: She looked so forlorn, standing there in the rain.

Comments

kotlesya

kotlesya

Belarus

Is this site really 5 years old or maybe even older than that???? I thought it is two or three years old, really. Thanks for the wishes, I will be careful. ;)  Good luck and all the best to you too. Smile 

01:09 PM Dec 28 2011 |

kotlesya

kotlesya

Belarus

I’m a member of many websites, but English, baby! is the friendly, useful, helpful one!!!! I like it too. Here is  very warm and friendly atmosphere, do you agree?

11:57 AM Dec 28 2011 |

1 person likes this

CatcheR

CatcheR

Iceland

Before I came to ebaby yet. I felt really forlorn, but now I don’t feel forlorn anymore, ebaby really great site to learn English, to meet friends around the world.

11:54 AM Dec 28 2011 |

1 person likes this

kotlesya

kotlesya

Belarus

Saenger D, I have never been in Guarulhos, but seems to be it behaives itself like “Garrulous” and it sounds like “Garrulous” as well Laughing

10:59 AM Dec 28 2011 |

kotlesya

kotlesya

Belarus

May I suggest the next adj. Garrulous ????Wink

08:09 AM Dec 28 2011 |

kotlesya

kotlesya

Belarus

It is still complicated for me how to use “aghast” correctly :(

08:06 AM Dec 28 2011 |

Likes (1):