Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

why are people afraid of Islam? ur opinion

~Lara~

~Lara~

Saudi Arabia

hi everyone..

why are people afraid of Islam?

why is it spread every where faster than others?

why do others hate Islam & Muslims?

in my opinion..the real & the right answer for these questions is that because it is the

"REAL RELIGION

so what is ur opinion?

plz don`t say that because they r terrorist..because Bush is the famous terrorist in the world

waiting for ur opinion..

my respecting to all religion 

08:52 PM Dec 15 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

WobblyJoe

WobblyJoe

United States

If no one is afraid, then why was the question asked? Just so you could say Islam does not insult the religions of others before Latif insults the religion of others or so you could insult me for being dumb enough not to recognize it was a lying question when a Muslim asked it? Am I the only liar or do I join all the others in this thread over the years who have said the same things?

03:47 PM Jan 07 2013 |

ichemcam

Morocco

all people  that they are afraid of Islam just  learn about what Islam is  ???? i know  and am sure u are talk without know the true that’s mean ( Idiot ) sorry

01:29 PM Jan 08 2013 |

latif32080

latif32080

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

i said 100 times we are talking about religions and human , not about polititions, they aren”t our measurment criterions, but you put forward politics again, that is the reason i say we have opposite point of view, if i want to count your scociety problems and crimes i can write 100 books of them but we don;t talk about daily events, rather we talk about what will occure if all humans obay god commands in frames of religions and conscience, i think the one that killed 20 children in school and ofcourse 6 adults , doesn”t obay christian although he calls himself christian or another that in an island in norway killed too many people by claiming to support christians against spreading islam, certainly jesus never advised this way and we can”t judge about religions from views of these kind of people. islam, christian and others are just names and all have one goal: guide human toward morrals ans filicity (stop them from immorals , all wildnesses, miseries and so on).

i appologize of my unpolite sentences in previous writting

04:37 PM Jan 08 2013 |

WobblyJoe

WobblyJoe

United States

Accepted. Don’t confuse white with Christian. Also please remember many will answer Christian when asked because they don’t know what else to say or are concerned about being judged or some other reason. I’d guess that’s true of most religions.

The man in the school is insane. Like the man in Norway and the man in China. Like everyone who commits truly horrific crimes against others for whatever cause. Also, remember I was just trying to answer the question asked in the thread. It is possible to be both wrong and right if I identify things that may not be true, but are widely believed. The thing may not be true, but it is true that it is a cause for fear.

We agreed previously that the people who claim to be Muslim and murder innocents in the name of Islam couldn’t possibly be true Muslims. I based my opinion on the dozens of sincere Muslims who told me that was true. I have no personal way to judge but they seemed sincere and Godly and there was no reason not to believe them. So it can’t be that these terrorists are acting truly in the name of Islam, therefore the agenda they hold must be political. If they don’t act from greed or faith, what’s left but power and politics?

I think the word “politics” is at issue. In America, there’s a saying about not talking religion, business, or politics at the dinner table (during a meal). ‘Politics’ and ‘political’ can mean a much broader definition than just ‘government’.  It’s as broad a word as the words religion or business and is an umbrella word like they are. Think of how many things the words religion or business can refer to, it’s the same with the word politics (and political). Only the word politician always means the classic person in political office.

I hope that helps. I fear I may have given offense by using words with more than one meaning or shades of meaning.  I too apologize.

05:29 AM Jan 09 2013 |

latif32080

latif32080

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

thanks a million in case of your helps to me, it is clear i have too many problems in english expressions, i wish i can promote in english language .(ofcourse i must say because i don’t trust non of governmental polititions so i tried we just directly talk about religion not events that have occured in some countries).

anyway i think this familiar to be starting of a tight friendship.

best regards

03:35 PM Jan 09 2013 |

sharya bachir

Malaysia

there’s no point to hate islam..the thing is muslim itself does not display the beauty of islam..they’re just muslim by name but they do not reflect the islamic religion..which is perfect in many ways..

04:21 PM Jan 09 2013 |