Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

About the English baby chat....

RASCALkid

RASCALkid

United States

I'm very much grateful about finding this web site which helps people to improve their english skill. I discovered it by means of just typing the word english in the search portion of my home page. From there, i went to english chat part and there i learned a lot. I learned how to think & type fast and I also learned many cultures and traditions from people all over the world. It's really amazing that you can now meet people from different countries by just a click on the computer. One thing i'm gratefull too about this chat is that it did not only improve my english skill but also taught me how to adjust to different people. It somehow change my attitude from being rascal to a bit rascal. And it all happened in just less than two weeks! I also found real persons here and they become my friends… i'm really glad and thankful for this site.

But sometimes i'm not satisfied or let me say i'm disappointed because lately and most of the times now, the people who chat were almost always boasting about their own native language. They couldn't help to publish their own language everytime they can see people from their own place. I can't blame them for doing that, but they must also consider other chatters who just want to improve their english skill because i think improving english language skill is the primary reason why this site was made. It's also good to see and be familiar with some foreign language other than english, but i think its not proper to published it in the main room most of the times. I think if we see fellow countrymen, then lets proceed to the private room and have a good chat there with our own language. Rather than publish our conversation in our own language in the main room. Lets also respect others who really want to learn english. I'm not saying that other language is of lesser degree than english, i know we all love our native language that we want everybody to  learn and be familiar with it, but i think its not proper to insist it to be known by publishing it most of the times at the chat main room. But if somebody would request us to do so, especially majority in the main chat room requested it, then maybe that's the time that we will publish it there. But if theres only one, then lets properly request him/her to go to the private and there we can talk.

One thing more is that, it seems that this chat is no longer for the reason of improving english but merely for FUN now. Almost everybody just want to have fun not minding already the right english that is supposed to be learned here. They are just there to have some friends, sex chat or anything rather than learn proper english. I must admit that im also not good in English especially during my first days, but i tried even with difficulty the best that i can do to publish the right english. Thinking that I'm not just helping myself but also other people who can read my published statement. I don't want to confuse other people about the bad english that i may publish especially people who just start to learn proper english. I'm not saying that im already very good in english, i'm really have still plenty of mistakes but i'm trying the best that i could do to make it without mistakes so that it can't confuse beginners.

So with these, i hope this will serve both as a reminder and inspiration to all chatters. And i reiterate my heartfelt thanks to the makers of this chat and to all my friends in the chat who helped me improve not only my english skill but also my personality as well. Though i did not changed totally but there's a mark change… for the better.. and i must continue to strive to be better…

"Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has courage to lose sight of the shore"

08:42 PM Aug 07 2006 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

DeX

DeX

Germany

Hey guys…... I cannot stand those turks on the chat anymore!  Their behaving is really the bottom of the human kind.
It's really a big confirmation for me to see them act like that. Exactly how I know them from germany. Its a shame…. really. It must be a national illness….   Undecided

08:57 PM Aug 09 2006 |

kevinzhang

kevinzhang

China

hi RESCALkid,

Glad to meet you & it is really a good post here.

I am only a fresh one here since i have only joined there for few days, but i have experienced the same thing as what you mentioned, which brought us bad feeling indeedly. As it is a welcomed websit in which we can share life and learn each other in English manner, it should be censured that ones act here by improper manner.

Anyway, support your good sense and hope all guys enjoy here so much togethe! :)

06:20 AM Aug 10 2006 |

jazzybaby

jazzybaby

Pakistan

hi ppl,
i dont know,about since one week i m uinable to get into ebaby chat.is it banned or not.when ever i try to enter chat an error named as “group name error ” came there.colud you plz tell me,are u ppl still able to chat in ebaby or not.if u r able to chat ,then how could i resolve my problem
thankyou

08:21 PM Aug 23 2008 |

娜日莎

娜日莎

China

yeah, you are right ,i agree with u .

09:48 AM Oct 20 2010 |

lindawu2012

China

good chat room

06:00 AM Mar 13 2012 |

goodyouth

goodyouth

Jordan

I can’t enter chat room here in english baby problems and errors

, since month there is , i don’t know why ? 

08:20 PM Jul 07 2016 |

supermario908

Zimbabwe

chat works now?

09:24 PM Oct 01 2016 |

gamas

Mexico

nooop

11:11 PM Oct 01 2016 |