Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

IS THIS WEBSITE WORKING OK?

zars

zars

Mexico

Lately, I've been having troubles when loading this website and I was wondering if I'm the only one.

I just donwloaded Internet Explorer 7 Beta 3, so I'm thinking that it is the reason why this is happening to me, cuz it didn't happen when I had Opera installed, so please tell me if the problem is IE to throw it to the garbage.

Thanks in advance.

11:02 PM Aug 16 2006 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Phoebe Xu

Phoebe Xu

China

It's possible that this website is not competable with IE7.0 beta3.  Another possible reason is code setting is incorrect .so  you can change code setting into unicode(UTF-8),then refresh this webpage.

03:00 AM Aug 17 2006 |

DeX

DeX

Germany

It is not the IE 7 nor Opera or something else. It is this site, server or what ever you want to call it. Its just slow..slow…SLOW.. they need to upgrade their servers. Or change the ISP..

10:10 AM Aug 17 2006 |

zars

zars

Mexico

OK, THANKS TO BOTH FOR REPLYING.

SO FAR I'VE NOTICED THIS IS A GOOD DAMN WEBSITE, I MEAN IT HAS A LOT OF REALLY GOOD, HELPFUL AND USEFUL INFORMATION AND CHAT">TOOLS... BUT IT'S TOO OLD FASHIONED.

I WONDER WHY NOT TO UPDATE IT, AT LEAST THE FORUMS WHICH ARE TOO OBSOLETE. SO I'D LIKE TO KNOW HOW CAN WE CONTACT THE WEBMASTER TO LET HIM/HER KNOW THAT WE'D LIKE TO CHANGE THE FORUMS LOOK

09:16 PM Aug 17 2006 |

DeX

DeX

Germany

I absolutely agree with you Zars. This Site could be so much more. I really don't understand how the owner can wasting so much potential.

The forums are absolutely horrible. They really need a newer one.

The only one problem I see, the financing of this site. Maybe there are to few Super-Members and it is not profitable enough to do more effort. They can try to find a company which wants to put an advertisment banner on this site. Because this site has such big international commerce, they have to search for a company with an international brand. I don't know what the hit-ratio of this site is, and how many unique ips they got in a month.

I just see a lot of Members who are registered here. Maybe just only 10% are active. But no wonder why. Its absolutely necessary to offer a better communication platform. The chat is not bad, but the forums are really bad.

08:38 AM Aug 18 2006 |