Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Egg vs. Chicken

jbmorite

jbmorite

Philippines

Which of these exist first?.....egg or chicken?

03:02 PM Jan 03 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

sweet10hearts

Philippines

Awww!!!   i really don't know which one exist first i can't say it was the chicken coz someone  might ask where the chicken came from..when we all know that chicken came from egg too.  And i cant say it was  the egg coz it came from chicken also. But if i will base this thing in our religion on  God's creation  ..i guess it was the chicken… lol… i don't know tell me…

01:43 AM Jan 05 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

It's a hiku..

It's tchnique of meditation… there are so many hikus…. It's not question to think but a point to meditate… while medtating one can jump from mind to isness.. or from scene to obsever…or from self to realself i.e. consciousness..

Have you heard one hand's clapping…?

03:29 AM Jan 08 2008 |

jbmorite

jbmorite

Philippines

If you're saying that chicken comes out first…where does it came from?...right!..from an egg…But try to think also, where does the egg came from?....right!..from the chicken…...so which of these really comes first?

11:56 AM Jan 08 2008 |

lots

lots

Philippines

It's official – the egg came before the chicken!

is no longer open for debate, for a philosopher, a geneticist and a chicken farmer, claim to have found the answer.

the living organism inside an eggshell would have had the same DNA as the chicken it turned into, and since genetic material does not change during an animal's life, it was safe to conclude that the first chicken that came into existence would have evolved from an embryo inside an egg, thus proving that it was first the egg and then the chicken…

Therefore, the first living thing which we could say unequivocally was a member of the species would be this first egg. So, I would conclude that the egg came first..

Charles Bourns said that the egg before the chicken theory was more plausible as eggs had been in existence even before the chicken had evolved.

'Eggs were around long before the first chicken arrived,' he said.

01:50 PM Jan 08 2008 |

jbmorite

jbmorite

Philippines

Then where the egg came from? Who made it? What makes its existence? you mean in the beginning of the world the egg came first?How does it exist without the chicken?

11:21 PM Jan 08 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

Dear Imorite,

You have ignored the original answer… Your quest is not for the answer but you want just your name above the discussion…Sorry

04:02 AM Jan 09 2008 |

jbmorite

jbmorite

Philippines

Dear Devindel,

It is just a sort of discussion to discover the reality of the existence of this creation were in fact called the cycle of life. Just longing to know which of these exist first since the world was created.

11:50 AM Jan 09 2008 |

polly94

polly94

Algeria

peff…we don' care cause it won't change anything in our lifes..but i tend to say that the egg came first..

05:04 PM Jan 09 2008 |

arif83

arif83

Malaysia

what a lark!! jbmorite. dunno lah.. i dont give a tosss..hehehe so long as i can eat the egg n the chicken… hahaah

03:21 AM Jan 10 2008 |

lots

lots

Philippines

hey jbmorite,

u need to read more of Evolution of Life..

In nature, living things evolve through changes in their DNA. In an animal like a chicken, DNA from a male sperm cell and a female ovum meet and combine to form a zygote—the first cell of a new baby chicken. This first cell divides innumerable times to form all of the cells of the complete animal. In any animal, every cell contains exactly the same DNA, and that DNA comes from the zygote.

Chickens evolved from non-chickens through small changes caused by the mixing of male and female DNA or by mutations to the DNA that produced the zygote. These changes and mutations only have an effect at the point where a new zygote is created. That is, two non-chickens mated and the DNA in their new zygote contained the mutation(s) that produced the first true chicken. That one zygote cell divided to produce the first true chicken.

Prior to that first true chicken zygote, there were only non-chickens. The zygote cell is the only place where DNA mutations could produce a new animal, and the zygote cell is housed in the chicken's egg. So, the egg must have come first.

09:13 AM Jan 10 2008 |