Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Would you start to teach English in kindergarten?

Luthien Tinuviel

Germany

I`m an English teacher in a foreign language kindergarten in China. I like teaching the kids and I think it can help them later in their life. But sometimes I think it`s too early and we expect too much of them.

What do you think? Would you teach English to 3 year olds?

05:02 AM Jan 04 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Annabel.L

Annabel.L

China

Well, I'm a student at university and I'm envious of teachers's long holidays with salary. Maybe I'll try to be a university teacher after my graduation.

05:19 AM Jan 04 2008 |

closehoney

closehoney

Philippines

It's ok to start English in kindergarten. There isn't really a perfect age to start studying English as a second language. The earlier a person is exposed to English, the easier for that person to learn the language. Here in the Philippines where English is not the native language, even babies are talked to in English. 

10:10 AM Jan 04 2008 |

Luthien Tinuviel

Germany

I learned here that even though the students have holidays, the teachers may still have to come to school to prepare things for the next term, eg. organize events, talk about the curriculum, decorate the classrooms, etc.

04:08 AM Jan 10 2008 |

Lenaaa

Lenaaa

Russian Federation

To my seven month old son I sing English songs, also we have one toy, I speak to my baby in English him to think like the toy speaks. For now that’s it. Oh, yes, also me is Russian speaking Russian to my son and my husband is Lebanese speaking arabic to our baby boy.

08:04 AM Jan 10 2008 |