Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

A woman driving a car

Dissipator

Dissipator

Ukraine

There is a saying in my country that a woman driving a car is like an ape with a grenade, because you never know in what direction it will throw it. :))) What is your regard to a woman as a driver??
And here's a little story for the beginning…
A car's going. There are a man and a woman in it. The woman's behind the steering wheel driving at a rather high speed. Suddenly a STOP road sign appears, but the woman's going on without even lowing the speed.
The man, after his heart beating normalized: "Goddamn! Why didn't you STOPPED?!! Ya wanna kill us all or what!"
The woman: "Whadya mean?? Why should I've stopped??"
"Oh! There was the damn road sign back there! The thoroughfare was forbidden without stopping!"
"Ah! Stop kidding me, please. Ya wanna say all that stuff was written on it?? I couldn't have missed the such large sign…"
:))))

05:38 PM Jan 19 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

yana011

yana011

Philippines

in my country men driving is like a big foot.

01:31 AM Jan 20 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

Dissipator,

I feel only woman can be honest .. man always see this or that..

02:39 AM Jan 20 2008 |

Rita Reis

Rita Reis

Brazil

I drive as well as any man…

I know some women are not so good at driving, but there are some men who drive

so careless, they should stay home!!!

Laughing

02:53 AM Jan 20 2008 |

vol

China

you can try to google 'woman drive' etc and have fun. Winklol

01:22 PM Jan 20 2008 |

airsea123

China

in my opinion ,male drivers is better than fomale ones.maybe you says that she grive is careful and honest etc.

02:52 PM Jan 20 2008 |

a_c_b

a_c_b

Turkey

agree with uu

03:17 PM Jan 20 2008 |

williamfly

williamfly

China

I like this sentence"a woman driving a car is like an ape with a grenade",but sometime a man driving a car is like a monkey with a banana ,he like it very much.

03:38 PM Jan 20 2008 |

maxtrof

maxtrof

Belarus

Actually ALL women are kind of back-seat drivers:) But if seriously, some women are pretty good at driving, and there can be good female managers & politicians. So that doesn't matter:)

09:25 PM Jan 20 2008 |

ljiljana

ljiljana

Bosnia and Herzegovina

I think most of the women drive poorly, including me  :)  but I also think that they drive more carefully than men, and therefore have less accidents. i watched a documentary show once and it said that women have worse perception and orientation in space than men and that it's sort of inborn and that women cannot do anything about it. But on the other hand there are some very good women drivers, my mom for example. So, every rule has an exception!

10:53 PM Jan 20 2008 |

Dissipator

Dissipator

Ukraine

Sakuralanguage said:
"...but for me, i drive much better than any man."

Ha-ha… You just made me recall this: "women mix up kleenex with clearens, but all the same they think they're much better at driving then men" :))) This's a joke. But you know, every joke has a piece of truth. :)))

Devindernaqpal,
Sorry, friend… I couldn't understand what ya ment and how it all regarded to a driving woman. :) The thing is I've never been too good at philosofy.. :) That is one of my few shotcomings :))) Don't try to find a hidden sense there where it  even doesn't exist. ;)

07:09 AM Jan 21 2008 |