Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

A woman driving a car

Dissipator

Dissipator

Ukraine

There is a saying in my country that a woman driving a car is like an ape with a grenade, because you never know in what direction it will throw it. :))) What is your regard to a woman as a driver??
And here's a little story for the beginning…
A car's going. There are a man and a woman in it. The woman's behind the steering wheel driving at a rather high speed. Suddenly a STOP road sign appears, but the woman's going on without even lowing the speed.
The man, after his heart beating normalized: "Goddamn! Why didn't you STOPPED?!! Ya wanna kill us all or what!"
The woman: "Whadya mean?? Why should I've stopped??"
"Oh! There was the damn road sign back there! The thoroughfare was forbidden without stopping!"
"Ah! Stop kidding me, please. Ya wanna say all that stuff was written on it?? I couldn't have missed the such large sign…"
:))))

05:38 PM Jan 19 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Dissipator

Dissipator

Ukraine

Ha-ha :))))

"...& it was found out that more men then women create a dangerous situation on the road "

and it was also found out that women with big breasts created dangerius situations more frequently than those with little ones :))) Even if they're not driving a car… :)))

05:56 AM Jan 22 2008 |

pretty_pink

Algeria

I don't agree whith you ; i think women are more careful than man (including me) if you see you will find that death accidents  are made by men never women Cool

01:30 PM Jan 23 2008 |

Dissipator

Dissipator

Ukraine

"Yeah and especially if the driver is a chiropractor."

Yeah, in that case it's important for those drivers to be careful not to confuse levers… :)))

06:28 AM Jan 24 2008 |

elenochka

elenochka

Belarus

of course, woman is not created to drive a car=) but some girls are very good at it.

i like driving very much!!!! and i am near to get a driving license=) hehe, i am not a wunderkind, but i wouldn't say that i am like an ape with a grenade…=) woman r more accurate, we don't exceed speed limits for example=P

06:22 PM Jun 16 2009 |

green greener

United Arab Emirates

I heard that some or maybe most men don't like women driving way. I'm in my way to get a driving license, the driving institute put a strict rules that it is hard for anyone to get quick driving license although they said it is a luck. When I did my first road test, all the girls with me failed inculding me except one lady. I think the most important point in driving is concentration and being able to control a car.

07:26 PM Jun 16 2009 |

Dissipator

Dissipator

Ukraine

woman r more accurate, we don't exceed speed limits for example=P

"For Heaven's gate! Professor, this ship can do 99% light speed. Why are we going at 35 miles an hour??
Because we are in a hurry, that's why!"

Oops.. I thought this was a topic about old people's way of driving.

07:50 PM Jun 16 2009 |

obvious

obvious

Yemen

Driving isn't limited to men only. I see nothing wrong when women drive cars. Actually, in my opinion, women are more mindful with driving rules than men  

09:27 PM Jun 16 2009 |

konstka

konstka

Russian Federation

A woman driving a car is unpredictable.

08:37 AM Jun 18 2009 |

angelicaB

United States

A recent study by the University of Michigan’s Transportation Research Bureau asserts that there are more licensed girl motorists than men in the United States This turns around a gender gap that has existed behind the wheel for some time, notes the Associated Press. Man, the hunter gatherer needed to speed, navigate unwelcoming areas, and risk boundaries. Woman, the child bearer and caregiver needed to socialize and communicate. Researchers claim that the driver’s license shift will have significant influences on safety technology and economics. Pay for your license and insurance with a <a href=”https://personalmoneynetwork.com/short-term-loans/”>short term loan</a>.

05:10 AM Dec 11 2013 |