Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

A good horse doesn't graze backwards?

jonwangh

jonwangh

China

An old Chinese saying reads, 'A good horse doesn't graze backwards.' which means the second time is never as good as the first time. Many people take it that as a genuine knowledge of life, say, if a guy dumped a girl as he had a crush on another woman, the girl, according to the very essence of this saying, should never turn back to accept him a second time if later he fell regreted.

I don't know what's your oppinion upon this. Does your culture have the same understanding?

11:58 AM Feb 19 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

theartist

Algeria

it depend on your knowledge of the situation, i think that girls are not so sensitive as boy thought, i knew that long time ago, the real pearl is the sesitive one that love you for what you are not for what you have, whithout dicrimination of your religion or language…

when you see a girl for the first time you know about it in that few segonds,but you lie to your self one and two but not all the time. if she is racist you see that in her eyes, but he haven't the right to let you hope it's crual to use love for your own profit girls, and after that you tell that boys are not sensitive !!! 

12:13 PM Feb 21 2008 |

theartist

Algeria

hard words, i know.sorry.

06:55 PM Feb 22 2008 |

spontan

spontan

Germany

never as good as the first time….oh how complicate you make your life with principals and knowledge of other people… take a ride in harmonie with a horse…afterward you can think and feel clear

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/never+as+good+as+first+time/video/x2blh5_sade-never-as-good-as-the-first-tim_music

06:31 PM Apr 01 2009 |

aymoooone

aymoooone

Saudi Arabia

well if u dumped a girl and u got her at first time, make sure that one day she will dumped u and u will hate ur self

i think girls r not sensitive unless u make it dude

treat ppl as u want them to treat u well ;)

hope u get ur girl again and have fun with her ;)

be easy dude and just try and try and try  

09:29 PM Apr 01 2009 |