Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

how to have a great confidence?

didi da'great

Malaysia

im trying hard to improve my confidence level since im really lack on it. i still remember when the teacher ask me to read a poem infront of the class, i did not do it because i m shy and l do lack of confidence. but, now im going to face a job which needs me to meet and stand infront of people and talk.

what i do is standing in front of the mirror and talk. and its really help, at least to have a good eye contact with the audience. but i still wanna know more?

u think that ur confidence level really influence by family background or because u are beautiful/hansome then u have a great confidence?

i there any opinion how to improve confidence or u wanna share with me ur experience about it. anything…thanx

04:46 AM Feb 22 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

naila08

Morocco

Hi Didi,

To be selfconfidence doesn't need to be handsome or beautiful as you talk, it depends on your personality, I thing you behave like that because you don't have enough experience and you didn't have a great contact with people, so you should give a good attention about you and never feel that you are inferior because you are shy or you are afraid to make a mistake it's not shame if you do it, the worst is that you still feeling that you have a lack of confidence.

I hope that you could be so courage and try to behave naturally without ant complex.

Good luck

04:15 PM Feb 22 2008 |

monatta

monatta

Saudi Arabia

it is shy not lack of comfidence I guess

i suffered from that in all my studying years  but finally i defeated this feeling when i got a job . i worked as a teacher later on .  

i am sure you will over come this shy . 

good luck

04:52 PM Feb 22 2008 |

didi da'great

Malaysia

hi..

sweta, naila and monatta

thanx for the opinion and suggestion. i really appreciate it. hope we can be friend!

anyway, monatta, i also going to be a teacher.

03:55 AM Feb 23 2008 |

monatta

monatta

Saudi Arabia

really!!!Laughing

very cool

. take it easy , do not worry . you will be good

best wishes for you dear

03:01 PM Feb 23 2008 |

saudigirl

saudigirl

Saudi Arabia

Well..take a deep breathe before you start and it'll be better if take it early in the morning..

or you can practice in front of your family and friends..it'll encourge you..

Good Luck..

06:51 PM Feb 23 2008 |