Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

surprise us

gkisseberth

Germany

Many people ask about other member's countries. How about telling us something interesting about your country that most people wouldn't know.

Although I am from the US, I live in Colombia. Most people think of cocaine or coffee when they think of Colombia, but it is also the world's second largest producer of cut flowers (Holland is number 1)

Half the cut flowers sold in the USA are from Colombia.

Tell us something interesting/surprising about your country.

01:25 AM Feb 24 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

lathy

lathy

Viet Nam

I live in Vietnam which is in Southeast Asia.Our country is small but beautiful.You can find out many tourist attraction as well as World Heritage which are recognized here.Especially, Ha Long Bay and Phong Nha-Ke Bang is voting to be one of seven World Wonders.To vote for it,just click :

ha long bay

http://www.new7wonders.com/nature/en/nominees/asia/c/HaLongBayBay/ 

The traditional costume of Vietnamese women is “Ao Dai” or Long Dress,let's see how nice it is

long dress

04:13 AM Feb 24 2008 |

lathy

lathy

Viet Nam

i dont know why the picture which i added,not appear??!Embarassed

05:00 AM Feb 24 2008 |

saudigirl

saudigirl

Saudi Arabia

Well..Most of people think that Saudi Arabia is a desert land..

but in fact there are a lot of green lands in the south and north regions,as much as modern cities..

i hope i can add pics as you did lathy.. :)

11:12 AM Feb 24 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Very beautiful pictures, lathy. Vietnam is very high on my list of places I would like to teach.

12:15 PM Feb 24 2008 |

pretty.angel

United Arab Emirates

well.. when i tell people that im from UAE .. they say where is UAE .. and then i say from Dubai they say .. ohh we know Dubai .. but i dont live in dubai i live in a small city called khorfakkan .. its a really beautiful place with a great people ..

this is a picture .. i hope u like it

01:13 PM Feb 24 2008 |

lathy

lathy

Viet Nam

thank Nupogodi a lot.yess .it's my pic of long dress of Vietnamese women.it's so nice?! rite

07:05 AM Feb 25 2008 |

Alebaby

Alebaby

Chile

There are two facts I can think of now: Chile is the longest country in the world and  our Atacama desert is the driest place on the planet.              But your topic made wonder, what comes to your mind when you think of Chile?

Ale

07:48 AM Feb 25 2008 |

DE_CARVALLO

United Arab Emirates

(The tallest building in the world)  Workers have already started in last January constructing and building the highest tower in the world in United Arab Emirates in Dubai city, it is 800-metre high, 160-floor skyscraper and it should be completed by November 2008. And when completed it will be taller than the world's current highest building in Taiwan

imagr of the building.

05:04 PM Feb 25 2008 |

phonelady

phonelady

Bulgaria

Bulgaria – a small piece of paradise,with warm sea, and the majestic, snow-topped mountains.Nice and friendly people.

Capital city Sofia ,population 8 milion people.

Sofia at night

10:37 PM Feb 25 2008 |

s3ad

s3ad

Saudi Arabia

HI

HOW R U GUYS

WELL THANK U SAUDI GIRL

I'LL BE THE ONE WHO WILL PUT THE PIC'S,

AND SO MANY GREAT PIC.

AND EACH CITY U WILL FINED SOMETHING SPECIAL

HAVE A GREAT TIME.