Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

About 'Imagine', a song of John Lenon

ttr100

ttr100

North Korea

'Imagine' the song of John Lenon has been loved by many people around the world. So do I.

Friends, there are these words:  

Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

NO RELIGION…..

That's why this song became a very controversial.

What about your opinion about it?

Especially those who have religion, what do you think about it?

For me, even though I am a Catholic Christian, I don't find any problem  about that.

What about you?

03:01 PM Mar 04 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

spontan

spontan

Germany

it seems so, nobody will answer you, because the paranoid racism fascism debate who create ebaby friends from United states and United Kingdom are more crazy and exciting i hope these friends let not escalate the debate in the " united hate"debate Georg Orwell wrote about this in the book "1984"

I have no problem as evangelic with this song "IMAGINE" i send this song to Muslim even they have no problem with the song, but they say realistic,it is only a dream.It seems so that john Lennon is a atheist, but also he prayed.Listen to his song he wrote to his son"little boy"

for all who have only hate, racism, fascism in their head, i copy another song from John Lennon:

Give Peace A Chance
John Lennon & Paul McCartney

Two, one two three four
Ev'rybody's talking about
Bagism, Shagism, Dragism, Madism, Ragism, Tagism
This-ism, that-ism, is-m, is-m, is-m.

All we are saying is give peace a chance

C'mon
Ev'rybody's talking about Ministers,
Sinisters, Banisters and canisters
Bishops and Fishops and Rabbis and Pop eyes,
And bye bye, bye byes.

Let me tell you now
Ev'rybody's talking about
Revolution, evolution, masturbation,
flagellation, regulation, integrations,
meditations, United Nations,
Congratulations.

04:41 PM Mar 05 2008 |

didi da'great

Malaysia

i never think that religion leads people to do bad things

07:29 AM Mar 06 2008 |

spontan

spontan

Germany

mark-yes you are wrong.You can be sure i lead a good, an full life and i have been about nearly one year in a Muslim country Turkey, but i have also been in your country  and in USA.I try to live without paranoia,without hate,without insults and without …ism.

But you and I,we are not important in this topic.IMAGINE is the topic.Mark it is better to imagine, than to hate and to insult!!!

07:36 AM Mar 06 2008 |

spontan

spontan

Germany

hi konaobi,do you think that Agnostic like Einstein, Darwin , Bernard Russel ,have done little prayer with their children? I think in the time john lennon wrote the song "imagine" he was far away from his belief he was an Anglican/Episcopalian but his little son brought him back to his roots he got implant  as child so he could write the song "little son" where he do little prayers.I think he was neither  Agnostic nor Atheist he was somebody who has lost for a time his belief…no doubt, he was always very critical about official churches.

i copy  a list who was or is  Agnostic, is interesting

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_agnostics

08:49 PM Mar 06 2008 |