Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Keep away from man...

devindernagpal

India

Friends,

in islam woman has to cover her face & her whole body in order to keep away from males other than their husbands & relative… so naturally they don't have right to talk with any of other man… but here on this site there are so many mouslim women… how they are authorised to express their views before males of other religions… I couldn't understand..kindly help me…

07:16 PM Mar 04 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

devindernagpal

India

Dear Kanaobi,

What makes the difference .. they are expressing themselves..to the other males who are not their relatives at all.. I feel they are committing a sin..

07:26 PM Mar 04 2008 |

catsarepretty

Canada

Blake, I've read several of your posts on here and you seem to really have an ax to grind with religion.  I respect your views as an atheist/agnostic (I used to be one myself) just as I respect the views of those who follow different religions.  Did you have a bad experience with religion at some point in my life?  The reason I ask is because most atheist/agnostics I know simply don't believe in God (or are unsure of their belief in God) but don't really have anything against religion.  

About the Apostle Paul's statements about women in the church in 1 Corinthians 14 was made in the context of the culture and what the church in Corinth was like.  The worship services in Corinth were known to be somewhat chaotic and disorderly and the women in that church were interrupting the services by asking questions (we must keep in mind that women were uneducated then).  So that's why Paul said what he said about that women shouldn't speak at the church.  There are two schools of thought…some people believe that Paul was speaking universally to all women everywhere when he said that so women should still not speak in the church.  Others believe that what he said applied specifically to the situation in Corinth or in situations where women were not educated thereby being more inclined to ask questions that their husbands could easily answer to them later (and in doing so making the worship service more orderly).  But that has changed in parts of the world so many feel that Paul was only speaking that to the context of the situation and that it does not apply everywhere.

But nowhere in the New Testament does it say that women cannot express their viewpoints.  The only "grey area" is in the church where you have the two trains of thought that I mentioned above.  In fact, if you read stories about women in the early church, like Priscilla for example, you will see in Acts 18 that she helped instruct Apollos.  And if you read the Gospels, look how Jesus treated women.  It was with kindness and love just like he treated men and not at all inferior.

Devin, I cannot speak for the Muslim girls on the board.  The internet is a lot different than real life because you're not interacting directly with a person (especially on a message board like this where you're just contributing to a discussion).  I personally enjoy reading their thoughts and opinions :).

05:25 AM Mar 06 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

Dear Catsarepretty,

Nobody expresses what he feels… everyone has been just taught to keep the feelings inside.. that's why our world is so terrible.. when our personlity is divided how can we share… I also like the participation of islamic girls too …I don't have objection… I just wanted to point out religiusness of religions.. how it abstains..

03:40 AM Mar 07 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

Cool

03:01 AM Mar 28 2008 |

Charisma22

Charisma22

Saudi Arabia

this idea of (hejjab) and (preventing women from contacting with men out of the family )is only in saudi arabia because it has a very strict understanding of Islam…because it has oil and money …saudi arabia particulary the religious power in it used to try to spread this idea and another strict idea in the other islamic moderate countries during the last 30 years…

04:36 PM Apr 05 2008 |

monatta

monatta

Saudi Arabia

you are right Charisma .
saudi Arabia has a strict understanding of islam . and spread this thinking around .
taliban is made by Saudi Arabia .
and since afganistan is poor country , and thier education is so low , they becaomes worse than us ,
they belived that they will be more religious and god will love them if they live as people lived in prophet mohammed time .

03:13 PM Apr 06 2008 |

spontan

spontan

Germany

http://www.abtei-waldsassen.de/images/content/aktuell/Ratssitzung_Kloster_Waldsassen.jpgthese Cristian women   keep also away from man

05:35 PM Apr 06 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

Dear Minora,

I agree to your point that it is different to talk through internet than direct talking that's why Quran would have permitted to you to talk through internet.Who knows who is talking at internet ?Wheather he is male or female, you can take advantage of doubt too.

& Quran would have permitted you to do job in offices too.You have asked how is it possible not to talk with men,in hospitals & other working places,it is also possible to talk through phone.It can keep you away while talking to males,but I don't know wheather Quran permitts it or not.You can check.Further we can use handgloves to keep away from touching oppositte sex,because while working in offices while exchanging something one may come in contact with opposite sex.

It is good that Quran permits Islamic females to study from male teachers.

Now I have become interested in studing Quran in order to understnd it more deeply. 

06:40 PM Apr 06 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

Dear Monnata,

From your statement it appears that  Suadi Arabia is real islamic country 7 all other islamic countries are not so strict to Islam i.e.other Islamic countries are not really Islamic ones.Islam should have same status if there is difference then it is really very sad.It means there are two types of Islamic countries 

1.Real Islamic &

2.Pseudo Islamic.

It means all depends not upon Quram but all depends upon the people's inerpretation.So we can derive meanings of words as we like. 

06:53 PM Apr 06 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

Dear sontan,

It appears that Existence had created human only & it is only religion who divided humanity into two groups,males & females,by separating them… the whole function of religions is to keep both male & females away from each other.It may be Islam or christianity.

06:59 PM Apr 06 2008 |