Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Most are people are very rude in the chat room.

adwendwen

adwendwen

Ghana

It's very sad to see people just coming in there to chat and when they ask of your country and you tell them, they just close the chat window. That is totally rude. If you are not ready to chat with people from certain countries, please suit yourself and don't enter the chat room. It's really unfair to close the chat window whiles the person thinks you are still chatting.

11:56 AM Mar 05 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

pop272001

pop272001

Indonesia

Realy?I never go to chat room, ‘coz i just wanna improve my english by forum (like this) or keep in touch by email! Chatting will spend my time! But if I wanna, Usualy I do it in another site, example : when I open my Yahoo Id, it will be automaticaly!

02:24 PM Mar 05 2008 |

lind@

lind@

Algeria

sad to hear that.but i think that is not matter of countries but of gender(sex).may be guys think that u r female not male, for the names are different from country to country.more,in the chat rooms it's like an obligation: chat =(male & female)especially in PM

i don't know why????

anyway dear,to be satisfied,visit this website,it's very good..

www.thechatpage.com

06:59 PM Mar 05 2008 |

catsarepretty

Canada

Yeah my problem is that a bunch of guys will message me on there, ask where I am from, and just want to see my photos.  Not at all interested in learning English.  

07:50 PM Mar 05 2008 |

tiffintime

tiffintime

Sri Lanka

A colleague of mine at the office, to whom I had introduced Ebaby, complained that the moment he says that he's from Sri Lanka, the chat was closed by the other side.   

09:35 AM Mar 06 2008 |

dannl

dannl

Ethiopia

YOU SEE I DON’T LIKE CAMS PEOPLE LIKE TO CHAT HOT ISSUES MAY BE INTERESTING SOMETIMES. BUT THIS SITE IS FOR LEARNING AND I DON’T BELIEVE IN UTTERING OUT SEXUAL TENSIONS HERE. BE SMART AND TELL FRANKLY. EVEN I WRITE FOR MANY OF FRIENDS IT IS DIFFICULT TO GET ONE I DON’T KNOW WHY.

10:24 AM Mar 06 2008 |

pop272001

pop272001

Indonesia

Markchina? What’s the matter of him? I never give more attention to people’s comment! I think i visit this site pure just to improve my english and wanna know how good is people’s english!

04:06 AM Mar 07 2008 |

sweet10hearts

Philippines

Ouch!!!! chat rooms? I don't like it there either..had a bad experienced there..actually had a fight or argument with a male from London. Racial discrimination that they think they are a better person than other people from other countries. I entered London chat room…a male send an im to me and i replied ..he asked me where i came from so i answered the truth…when  he learned that  i came from Philippines..he said "why you entered London ..you have your own place" So i replied that its a free chat room any one can enter regardless of where you came from..and i said there is no sign there that Filipinos are not allowed. I asked him why he does not like us to be in that chat room..he told me that their women have been upset by Filipina women…so i told him why so? Are they insecure? He replied coz Filipinas are just maids…So i was hurt ..though am not a maid there…i told him what is wrong of being a maid? Its a good job…maybe low kind of job for you ..coz you use pen and maids used pail and mop…paid less but hard work..they are not robbers, killers, etc. And i told him that though they are maids they are educated..most of them are college grad…only its hard to find job in our place that they grab that work just to earn for their family. Is it bad? The male keep quiet for a while..then he said sorry.

There are narrow minded people i understand that…but just hope that those people think at least that we are all human…we have feelings too.

10:31 AM Mar 07 2008 |

louisa_happy

China

yes i have the same experience.and once,when i talked to a guy from turkey,he said he loves me just after a short time talk.i think that's stupid,he was just kidding on me!

i don't know why they come there,for fun or other things.at first i went there for my english study,but soon i found out that it's a chaotic place.some people use their own words to speak bad words to others.that's so rude i think.

but luckly,i made a good friend there.that's enough.

10:56 AM Mar 07 2008 |

pop272001

pop272001

Indonesia

Uhg SWEET, u had strong arqument that made him shut up his big mouth! If I were U, I spoke with angry and more rude than he did! Ops…I am not a patient woman, I think!

12:25 PM Mar 07 2008 |

gigi2550

gigi2550

Thailand

Hey, i experienced that, too, meeting  several rude (and absolutely stupid) people.

But, I also met some nice chat friends there as well.

So, here may be a remedy to friends who may want to try chatroom or don't give up with getting to know new people there.

Rule one: don't let anyone push you around. No need to do as they say or answer their (stupid/demanding) questions. Keep your politeness and brain intact.

Rule two; question them back what you want to know especailly when they try to push you. Even challenge them if you are confident enough or sharp tongued (hehehehe this is som quality I own). I even tell them directly how rde they are and advice them how to become a well manner person.

Rule three: if they still continue their rudeness, tell them to shut up and cut off their communication or ignore them and go chating with other nice ones.

Well, I must say that some guys turned into good chat friends—frank and polite. maybe they learned.

But, some were born rude, they were beyond my efforts to help add up good guys in this chat society.

01:30 PM Mar 07 2008 |