Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Jesus saves...who kills....?

devindernagpal

India

Friends,

Most of my friends feels that God is very merciful.. but I don't agree.. I feel that He if existed somewhwere must not be having herat at all,he is so hard…

I have read many times that jesus saves… but I have always the question who is who kills… I feel it is too God himself… & because we want just consolations so & advised to optimistic so we & we need some support so as to get that support we are taught to think in this way that Jesus saves…

Just see the priciple of existence..the principle of survival of the fittest… only strong can exis.. what about the weaker..why don't he support that weaker…

What a strong says becomes the rule in our land… what about the weaker section…?

I feel that he is both killer & saviour too… & actually there are just prnciple working… The principles are God in itself.. & there is not such a god who is looking upon everything happening here…

05:25 PM Mar 11 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

catsarepretty

Canada

I don't understand either what you are trying to say. 

Here's what the Bible says about Jesus Christ and death…

"And just as each person is destined to die once and after that comes judgment, so also Christ died once for all time as a sacrifice to take away the sins of many people. He will come again, not to deal with our sins, but to bring salvation to all who are eagerly waiting for him. " Hebrews 9:27-28.

We see from this that the Bible says that all of us will die a physical death.  Salvation in Jesus Christ does not mean he is going to save us from physical death.  It instead means that Jesus came to save us from a spiritual death, or in other words, having to spend eternity separated from God.  I hope that makes it more clear as to why people say "Jesus saves".  He didn't come to save our physical beings from sufferings of this lifetime (though God does use miraculous healing to bring Himself glory and I praise Him for that) our physical bodies from dying, but instead our souls.

07:20 PM Mar 11 2008 |

catsarepretty

Canada

Blake, dude, with all due respect how can what I said be "odd" to you when you're from America?  There are many people here (myself included) who speak "valuably" about the Bible. My question to you is what happened to you that made you write in a tone that makes me get the impression that you're seemingly embittered towards the fact that some of us believe in God (rhetorical question…not something I'd expect you to answer on a public message board)? I know plenty of atheists (many of whom I am friends with), but most of them simply don't care if other people choose to believe in a deity or not.  Most I know are nonchalant and their attitude is like "we're all going to die and nothing will happen so why does it matter?" The only ones I know who constantly go around trying to refute others' beliefs in God are the ones who have been hurt in some kind of way by something having to do with religion.

I am not going to start a theological or apologetical debate on here with you over original sin or whether healings occur or whether or not we have souls.  It's pointless.  I already know what you would say to try to refute it and I gather by your impassioned writings on here that you probably know how I will respond :).  I don't think either one of us will convince the other.  I will say that I do believe that the "death" referred to in Genesis is not referring to physical death (that'd just be silly…everything living physically dies) but a spiritual death that I mentioned before. So I think that we can respectfully agree to disagree.

09:18 PM Mar 11 2008 |

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

Dev, i always feel that your Q is very important to ask, i know my answer by Qurran.. as Hakimi said, that is the true.. i want to send you an advice,  if you are a honest( i hope that & i think) that you want an answer about your all Q: read Quraan , you will know …

09:56 PM Mar 11 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

Dear Friends,

Thanks for so many huge postings.

Kana, I really intermixed two concepts… I mentioned the words 'Jesus saves' as I read & then shifted to general meaning word God.. & what I have said is true to every religion's God,It may be Allah or Bhagwan or God ( Jesus)... All religions provide consolations because they were needed by human.. All religions are born after the birth of human & all demands have been tried to met.. all explnations have been tried to explained & doubters are warned not to doubt otherwise you will be put into hell… & I decided to go to hell & enjoy there too… I have learnt the art of creating a comfortable house… I don't need heaven… so I started doubting…

I have given so many creative & real topics but response was so so… but to a useless topic so much & so huge responses… I got astonished… all of us are ready to fight … we need just a few verses to learn, from our scriptures & we are ready… we find meaning of words in dictionaries..

Dears, the real meaning of words don't lie in dictioaries they lie in our life… just try to find answer of word hungerness… no ditioary can tell… & just don't it just for one day & you will learn the meaning of the word…

In the same way religion does not lies in scriptures … it lies in our life.. just start speaking truth… just start practising love…. or peace… live it & you will know the meaning…

We are just crammers here… & it's very easy to fight… but to keep cool is really an art & we should learn it… & it's not must  we can die as we born … nobody has right to object it. It all depends upon our choice… do we want to live in hell.. or heaven.. we have to create according to our choice…

02:17 AM Mar 12 2008 |

mist64

mist64

Slovenia

WHo gives us all the suffering? God's? I don't think so.

It is true that all relifions provides consolations, because people needs someone higher, invisible and all-mighty, when they're hurt.

It's always people with their minds. A lot of wars, suffering, hatered are in the name of gods – anykind. Powerful people uses other peoples minds to achieve goals they wanted… SO, people saves and kills in the name of god. Why?  Until when? Who knows? Maybe until total destruction of Earth? It sounds black, but if you think it over, it is true.

It doesn't matter which religion or which god in the end people are those who we have to blame.

12:52 PM Mar 12 2008 |

mist64

mist64

Slovenia

Maybe it'll be interesting to watch movie

Zeitgeist – http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5547481422995115331-

it'll open a new horizon about religion.

What do you think?

03:07 PM Mar 13 2008 |