Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Lead the world for 2 days......

nader1212

nader1212

Germany

what you will doing? If you be the king of the world for 2 days….

07:30 PM Mar 13 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

lucksnap

lucksnap

Thailand

Kanaobi

u move the country war to yr family war

why I said this

war happen due to they want the benefit, such as petrol, land, jewery, natural resource,....

now u have 5,000,000,000 then yr family will start to look at those money and start family war

hahahaha

03:47 AM Mar 14 2008 |

M. Augustus

United States

Assuming that I have two days to govern as an absolute ruler (as opposed to deific levels of power), and that after that, those policies I undertook while in charge are maintained even though I am no longer in power:

1.  Institute high-quality free, public, secular education for every child on Earth.

2.  Institute unmovable, strong penalties for any attempt to blend religion and government.

3.  Implement heavy, heavy fines on any movie studio which makes a remake of or sequel to an earlier film.  (Dammit, no more reimaginings of classic films!)

4.  Impose heavy, heavy inheritance taxes.  I'm all about working hard to give your children more opportunities than you had, but no one has a fundamental right to live off of Daddy's riches without contributing anything to society.

5.  Allocate to myself a small, uninhabited island in the Aegean, spend the rest of my life as a fisherman.

Lucksnap, I know it was a typo, but I love the idea of a country's Jewery as a natural resource over which wars are fought.  It would explain the Israel-Palestine conflict so much better… 

06:26 AM Mar 14 2008 |

nader1212

nader1212

Germany

thanks for all …

you have great ideas.

but…

do you will done that at 2 days????!!!!!

11:35 AM Mar 14 2008 |

M. Augustus

United States

I like your anti-grave-rolling measure, though I still feel strongly enough about the need for fewer sequels  and 'remakes' that I would add it as an addendum even if it wouldn't make the original  creator roll in their grave.  We need more inventive cinema, not more movies based on comic books,  novels, or older movies.

03:46 AM Mar 15 2008 |