Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Let's share the first travel abroad

rosewin

rosewin

Thailand

I am a girl who is going to abroad on May soon, this is my first trip to go abroad. I'm really excited and hope it's be great !

What should I do for my safty when you're abroad ? Or if you have any experience, let's share together.

12:15 PM Mar 14 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

DanilZ

DanilZ

Russian Federation

What country do you want to visit?

12:32 PM Mar 14 2008 |

gigi2550

gigi2550

Thailand

my first trip abroad was over a decade ago and still sticks in my mind--because technical problems happened to the airplane during my flight. 

But, I overcame that bad feeling fast since I had to go on next travels very often later.Cool

So, tips are getting information about your destination, the country, people, whatever useful.

make sure taking necessary document with you-your passport and other legal papers, (making copies of those and keep a set of their copies at home, too), medicine you may need (check that the couuntry you go allow that, too, money—get some cash (that country currency) and credit cards(if you have), a notebook (a real paper book with list of contact persons in your homeland and in the country you go and emergency phone number. You may have your mobile phone with a list of contact persons but who knows the signal does not always work well.

Proper clothes that suit the weather….don't overlook this issue. I nearly kicked myself once when I faced el nino weather in the US—it was sooo cold instead of hot during summer time and i had only one thin jacket with me!

Ok, that is basic. And better get a good map of the places you go.

01:07 PM Mar 14 2008 |

gigi2550

gigi2550

Thailand

sorry, those cross lines appeared since something's wrong with my typing. But, hope you can read all that.

01:10 PM Mar 14 2008 |

rosewin

rosewin

Thailand

Ii'm going to Malaysia

01:35 PM Mar 15 2008 |