Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

life begins at forty?

heidili

China

i heard one saying "life begins at forty" i am puzzed about the it .

Does it mean people become perfect at the period of  time .Is it the   best age of people?   

09:56 AM Mar 24 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

aileench

aileench

China

Maybe age 40 is the successful period, before 40 we have to struggle for a better life…

11:09 AM Mar 24 2008 |

holly&honey

China

Chinese people say man will be comfused at the world until he turns 40. i think man of 40 is mature enough to realize the real meaning of life, because they have experienced much hardship and happiness of life, which makes them charish life from the bottom of their hearts. Life is short, so let's live every minute of our life sincerely.

01:38 PM Mar 24 2008 |

spontan

spontan

Germany

life starts with love and ends by death.how you can handle your life between depends  by your parents,by your society,by your religion or life philosophies….and the most time  you are responsible for your own life.

i think the phrase "life begins at forty" is only a kind of friendly lift for those who reach the midlife crisis.this is the point where you can recognize your  mistakes in  creating your  life…

Its better to live every day aware,going your own way and never sell your soul to the spirit of  the age.I know young people who are  mental in the mind nearly death, i know old people with a young fresh mind…it depends on you!

01:31 PM Apr 01 2008 |

mpeer28

Israel

I am 67 years old

I feel that my good life period is already started

I am healty and my economic situation is stable

I have six grand children .i spend a lot of time in

a country club and dancing folklor dance .

So I feel that most of my whishes are fulfield. 

06:10 PM Apr 04 2008 |