Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Fitna

gkisseberth

Germany

Fitna, a film by Dutch MP Geert Wilders about Islam and the Koran was released to the website Liveleak a few days ago. 

The video was removed one day later because of threats to the owners and employees of the website.

However it can still be viewed at other sites like wikileaks. If this link does not work, you should be able to locate it easily with a quick Google search. It is also available for download via bitTorrent.

http://wikileaks.org/wiki/Fitna_anti-islam_movie_by_Geert_Wilders 

It is less than 17 minutes long.

Have you seen it yet?  What are your thoughts 

09:39 PM Mar 30 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

gkisseberth

Germany

I don't have Obsession. But I do have the other.

What about Submission? 

11:16 PM Mar 30 2008 |

doctoraly

doctoraly

Egypt

ok

really iwanna say something  that must be so bold for all people having douts about Islam,,,,,,,, at first iwanna say an example : if iam an engineer , can i make an operation for apatient? ofcourse no i can not do that ,, you know why ?? because iam an engineer not adoctor ,,,,,,,,,, thats the same ,,,,,,, no one can explain Qura'n if  he does not know anything about it ,,,,,,,,, i heard about that film in the newspapers and really ithink it shows the fear of anti Islam people,,,, but really i do not know why all of that fear That man and for sure doesnot know any thing about the Islamic religion ,,,, you know why??? because he is full of hatred so he cannot see what is right or what is wrong?

And finally ,,,,, Markchina ithink you are full of hatred towards Muslims and really if you wanna discuss seriously come on and talk with me on messenger and we will see wheather you are rightr or wrong

salam

09:39 AM Mar 31 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

doctoraly.

Wathcing films like that is one way of learning about Islam. I think more points of view are required than simply the writings or films of practicing muslims.

Why do you automatically assume that those critical of Islam don't know anything about it. I will freely admit my lack of knowledge, however I am learning more, but from different sources. However there have been several critical voices in this forum who have demonstrated knowledge of the religion and of the Koran, one of them a former practicing muslim. 

One of the films I mentioned, Submission, was written by a former practicing muslim, Ayaan Hirsi Ali. She is currently in hiding and being protected by Dutch security because of threats against her because her film dared to be critical of the treatment of women in Islam. The director of the film, Theo Van Gogh, was murdered by a muslim extremist  a few months after the film was first broadcast

10:06 AM Mar 31 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Thank Allah for Swedish Pirates.  ;)

10:25 AM Mar 31 2008 |

doctoraly

doctoraly

Egypt

hahahahahahah

really day by day i become so astonished to read your words

ok for your knowledge muslims are not ignorant and really iwanna you give me proofs for what you say about Islam

10:44 AM Mar 31 2008 |

MarocLady

MarocLady

Germany

I´ve seen the film and my opinion is, that wilders definitly doesn´t tell the truth about the Qur´an. In fact, he is full of hate at towards muslims. His aim was to provocate, but what should we have expected from a right-wing populist?!

By the way, aesthetically it´s disaster…

04:02 PM Mar 31 2008 |

t k awan

t k awan

Pakistan

By releasing such type of films the so called parliamentarian is pushing the peace of EUROP towards fire.

It is mentally sick.

His name is WILDER. ...... WILD….ER.

He is trying to serve the humanity by preaching the concepts of SATIN.

Let him cut his hair we can see something on his head.

Because i am sure he has nothing in his head,it is vacant.empty.

01:08 PM Apr 01 2008 |

t k awan

t k awan

Pakistan

I am not agree with BLAKE.
It is the basic idealogy of Islam to accept the Greatness of Jusis and Mosis.without accepting them we are not muslims,so,if this will start only Muslims will suffer.This should not be allowed.

01:12 PM Apr 01 2008 |

doha-e-b

doha-e-b

Israel

i agree with you (t k awan) because islam told us to believe in all the prophets and then you become amuslem .

01:23 PM Apr 01 2008 |

t k awan

t k awan

Pakistan

This is the fault.

You acted like the producer of So called film.But i dont under stand why are you crying for a mumed man.

You said that if Muslims reacted this will be their fault(So funny).

You are not Wilder why are you defending him?.

Your arguments are merely a castle in the air.

You are giving slap on the face of a man and thought that he will not react rather must not react.

It is the power of a man who received your hand on his face but in return he broke your arm it his choice not yours(Please bare my words and try to digest them).

You could say on the other hand that yours thinkings are yours and mine are with me but No body can impose his personal whilms on the majority.

Another very important thing is that if you cannot accept someone,s preachings(Hinduism,Christianism,or any other religion)you must be kept legs in to your penty.

There are our many friends who dont believe in any religion but no body could say a single word to them.

I am sorry again if i hurt someone,s feelings.

09:30 AM Apr 02 2008 |