Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

God Said Stop Praying!

othello1

othello1

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

What would you say if someone told you to stop praying? or if someone told you that God said stop praying?
God said unto Moses, Why are you crying out to me? Speak to the children of Israel and tell them to go forward.
God basically said, “Stop praying and get going.”
many people use pray as an excuse for not even trying. they want God to supernaturally fix a situation on their behalf without putting forth any effort themselves.
Why pray for the one on the street with no food when you have enough to feed them yourself?
Why pray for the lonely widow when you have time on your hand and can bring comfort to her?
what do you think about it? Is it because prayer is easier?

08:28 PM Apr 06 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Nasim

Nasim

India

Whether one should pray or not that is their own choice. Religions do enforce people to pray but people are more liberal nowadays. Waht we chant in our prayer can't take us to hell or heaven but our deeds do.I pray simply because Whenevr I pray I feel like a positive energy getting within me and I also feel pacified. That's why I often pray after arguing of having a fight with somebody.

BTW it seems that some family member of MarkChina has been killed by Talibanis or Al Qaeda. So sad Mark! I never personally flame people…but Mark just consider how you say something.

10:58 AM Aug 21 2008 |

Ivysunshine

China

ourselves are our own Gods.

may be we should  say "thank you " instead of "help me ,please."

12:20 PM Aug 21 2008 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

"And the pangs of childbirth drove her unto the trunk of the palm-tree. She said: Oh, would that I had died ere this and had become a thing of naught, forgotten! (23) Then (one) cried unto her from below her, saying: Grieve not! Thy Lord hath placed a rivulet beneath thee, (24) And shake the trunk of the palm-tree toward thee, thou wilt cause ripe dates to fall upon thee. (25)"

ALLAH ordered Mary to shake the tree though her status..that teach us to do our best and in the same time we must pray to Him and supplicate Him and Him for His help..

many traditions from the prophet teach us take the reasons then pray to God to help u in finishing ur need ..and he prevented the man who didn't take reasons first …

but when no reasons to be taken or u ve done all ur means then u ve nothing but pray to Him as Jasmine said.. 

12:59 PM Aug 21 2008 |