Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Tibet is a part of China

clevermonkey

China

Tibet is a part of China like Corsica belongs to France. Tibetan people were serves before, but they live a pleasure life today. for those, who support Tibet Independence, should go to Tibet to learn the truth. The government spends thousands of dollars each year to support Tibet, it is a truth.  We are friendly to Tibetan people. It is reportedly that some French men were employed to interrupt flame relay for only several hundred of euros. If ture, i show my pity to those poor people, because they get the little money at the expense of human rights.

More pitifully, someone does not like to learn truth, and they live in a conceited world. for those, i want to say, open your eyes, discover truth.

even though Sarkozy, Bush and Rudd do not attend the ceremony, we feel sorry, but we don't mind. We can hold a successful Olympic Games. That's absolute.

02:24 PM Apr 15 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

sky-toucher

China

those big figures think their absence at olympics will press China to step backwards and humiliates Chinese. They are wrong. It is they who will be humiliated instead of us. We don't mind whether they will be here or not.

In Chinese we say:"If you are friendly, we welcome you and treat you with hospitality. If you look down on us with disapproval,don't come here because we look down on you with disapproval too."

The world won't end without their presence.

02:36 PM Apr 15 2008 |

M. Augustus

United States

As far as I'm concerned, the only thing that matters is whether the Tibetans, themselves, want independence from China.  I've only ever had the chance to talk to two here in the United States, and both did want to be an independent country.

02:38 PM Apr 15 2008 |

aljensen

aljensen

United States

Aren't you guys bored of talking about Tibet and China? It seems strange to write a long article saying that you don't care what these world leaders think. If you don't care, why bother to write saying you don't care?

No matter what the leaders choose to do, it will neither humiliate themselves nor China. Elected officials have to represent popular feeling, regardless of logic. It's not a problem unless you make it a problem.

Also, George Bush has not yet decided whether he will attend the opening ceremony. Don't jump to conclusions.

02:41 PM Apr 15 2008 |

sky-toucher

China

M. Augustus :you wrote:

the only thing that matters is whether the Tibetans, themselves, want independence from China. 

Yeah i can't agree more. But You only know two Tibetans and both of them are in USA.

There are millions of In Tibet, what about their opinions?

But I think one thing is certain that a system of feudal serfdom won't be allowed. It is one of the reasons that many Tibetans in Tibet don't hope to be independent .

03:54 PM Apr 15 2008 |

aljensen

aljensen

United States

I don't think Tibet has the resources and infrastructure to be completely independent.

04:02 PM Apr 15 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

There are millions of In Tibet, what about their opinions?

I think their opinions are important. IF the Chinese government gave them a chance to vote on independence and they voted to be independent, do you think the Chinese government would ever allow it? 

07:12 PM Apr 15 2008 |

clevermonkey

China

but the Tibetan people in China don't want to be independent!  if someone wants Tibet independence, do all the Tibetan people agree ?

02:30 AM Apr 16 2008 |

sky-toucher

China

gkisseberth :  you wrote: I think their opinions are important. IF the Chinese government gave them a chance to vote on independence and they voted to be independent, do you think the Chinese government would ever allow it? 

Tibetans should be given the right to express their voice but as a part of China(at least it is admitted by the UN), the independence should be voted by all citizens of China.

Suppose if the city i am living wanna independent, and all the residence here agree. Do you think we have the right to be independence? Of course not, it must be decided by people in all chinese cities.

03:35 AM Apr 16 2008 |

sky-toucher

China

As a member of a family, the fate of any an individual should be decided by all family members. You have to obey certain rules when playing certain games.

03:40 AM Apr 16 2008 |

clevermonkey

China

To Mark China,

What do you think of the independence of Scotland?

03:46 AM Apr 16 2008 |