Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

why people work?

luobin..&.

China

i awalys dream that having enough money so that i don't have to go  to work hard /

it seem that money is the only incentive to work, what 's your opinion on money and  work ?

09:40 AM Nov 27 2006 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

aniviv

aniviv

China

people work in order to make a living . everybody must work though everybody doesn't like to .we ought to make it clear that some distinction exist  between career and profession.

08:35 AM Dec 01 2006 |

sellina43

sellina43

China

At present I have to work to earn money to afford the costing of marriage and house;

Then,I have to work to afford the costing of child's education fees;

I should to work to support my daily life independently.I can not bear the boring life without anything to do,when I call my friends and nobody's in causse they are at work!

08:58 AM Dec 01 2006 |

angelos_07

angelos_07

Turkey

there is a only meaning for this.Earning money

08:21 PM Dec 02 2006 |

luobin..&.

China

yeah , though people go to work with various reasons,i still think that earning money is the first incentive/

what make us different is thatt we may find in the work / 

08:18 AM Dec 03 2006 |

lassie

lassie

United Arab Emirates

i think life without working is boring , even if you have enough money

12:14 PM Dec 04 2006 |

adryana20

Romania

nice theme….but a little controversial..it depends what kind of work.For instance i'm a roumanian student and i enjoy a lot learning both english and french that is why  i work so much:do a lot of exercises ,read a lot ,to improuve them.The reason could be a mixture between passion and hardworking so that the result will be a great satisfaction,maybe spiritual or material…

09:15 PM Dec 04 2006 |

SQN QSMANLI

Cyprus

as you know my friend . life is so hard . ıf we dont work and study :) we dont accomplish something for our life :) and so we have to study and work . for succes

01:17 AM Dec 05 2006 |

kyle86

kyle86

China

yeah,live in this society is very tired and hard.sometimes,I don't want work and find a secluded place to live until die. but that's unrealistic,we have parents .they need us to look after in the old age.so life must continue…...work need continue also….........................

03:22 AM Dec 05 2006 |

joecn

joecn

China

i think people are working for their dreams, if not, think it over again and ask why

09:58 PM Dec 18 2006 |

sonnie Mou

sonnie Mou

China

I work, is because I need money, there ising no money, I will starve.Starve with cold

02:58 AM Dec 19 2006 |