Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

WHY DO ALL GOOD THINGS COME TO AN END?

Lover for Ever

Saudi Arabia

hi there everybody…

so Nelly Furtado said : " FLAMES TO DUST, LOVE TO FRIENDS, WHY DO ALL GOOD THINGS COME TO AN END ?"

so I decided to ask everyone about something good that came to an end?

tell me about something good happened to you and had ended? & WHY?

01:10 PM Apr 23 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Jonwan

Jonwan

Saudi Arabia

well,not necessarly , i blieve that we  humans contrebute  in making good moments for ourselves and the others. however if we missed moments that were part of life one day that does'nt mean the end of the world beside look at the brite sidw(everything happens for a reason)Smile

06:37 AM Apr 28 2008 |

mo0o0n

mo0o0n

United Arab Emirates

not every good thing happend in the end some gues live all there life in happenise because they choose to live in this way.chang your way and love the life and always be happy and for sure the life with smile for ..

acutally if you be happy in the end is better than you live our you life in the sadnesee

07:05 AM Apr 28 2008 |

birgül1

Turkey

WHAT is the WISDOM BEHIND CALAMITIES SENT BY GOD?

Almighty God sends calamities and inflicts tribulations; is this not tyrannical towards the innocent in particular, and animals even?

T h e A n s w e r : God forbid, the sovereignty is His. He holds sway over His possessions as He wishes. Moreover, a skilful craftsman makes you a model in return for a wage and dresses you in a bejewelled garment that he has most artistically fashioned. Then in order to display his art and skill, he shortens it and lengthens it, measures it and trims it, and he makes you sit down and stand up. Are you able to say to him: "You have made the garment which made me beautiful ugly. You have caused me trouble, making me sit down and stand up." Of course, you cannot say that. If you did say it, you would be crazy.

In just the same way, the All-Glorious Maker has clothed you in a most artistically wrought being bejewelled with faculties like the eye, the ear, and the tongue. In order to display the embroideries of various of His Names, He makes you ill, He afflicts you with tribulations, He makes you hungry, He fills you, He makes you thirsty; He makes you revolve in states like these. In order to strengthen the essence of life and display the manifestation of His Names, He makes you journey in numerous such conditions. If you say: "Why do you inflict these calamities on me?", as is indicated in the comparison, a hundred instances of wisdom will silence you. In any event, calm, repose, idleness, monotony, and arrest from action are forms of non-existence, and harm. Action and change are existence and good. Life find its perfection through action, it progresses by means of tribulations. Life manifests various actions through the manifestation of the Divine Names, it is purified, finds strength, it unfolds and expands, it becomes a mobile pen to write its own appointed course; it performs its duty, and acquires the right to receive reward in the Hereafter.

http://www.nur.web.tr/icsayfaigz.php?action=haber&type=2&lang=2&id=324

02:36 PM Apr 28 2008 |

freedom-soul

United Arab Emirates

you ask me about it!

05:31 PM Apr 28 2008 |

chaskarmukund

India

Hello MoOoOn,

How are you.

I agree with you.

Keep it up. Submit more and more comments.

Thanks, take care,

mdchaskar

01:37 PM Apr 29 2008 |

mouna

mouna

Tunisia

Hello !

First of all, I have never listened to this song, but it seems to be nice…

I want to ask you: have you tried to interpret the meaning of these words? Can't you see how they are related?

Personally speaking, not only good things come to an end, bad things also have an end..

Our life is actually built on dual things : happiness/sadness , good/bad , dark/light , life/death , sweet/bitter…

These can never separate : they influence our life and come to us in turn, sometimes together , just to teach us things and lessons like it's only God who is everlasting , it's our duty to thank Him for everything He has given us , it's the least thing we can do when we welcome all because it's destined by God..

Try to imagine how you will feel if you only live good things , how you will feel when all your time is filled with bad things…

I am sure your question has evoked in many persons nice feelings of belief in God and fate..

Something else, none has answered your question because , I think , none remembers what or why and when the last good thing has ended , simply because they live such things many times a day ..

Good Luck for you..

09:43 PM May 03 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

mouna – two tumbs for you. : D …life for me is a matter of learning.good and bad things teach us to think about life matters wisely.good thing teach us to gratify to God and bad one teach us to be patient.people called it positive thinking.maybe smthing like that…after all life’d be boring enough without high and low conditions…keep it up guys… : D

02:35 PM May 09 2008 |

chaskarmukund

India

Good things have an end to rebuild better future. To enlighten u. To elevate spiritually. To understand the real meaning of Life.

03:29 PM May 18 2008 |

lor3014

lor3014

Taiwan

Well, a good thing comes to two ways. One is the end, and the other one is the worse of it. If knowing that the good things 'round you would never come to an end, who would really appreciate their beauty? When knowing that they're never gonna fade away, who would hold 'em tightly?

The feeling of losing the beautiful make us more cherish the good. 

You can't help wondering that how wonderful things turn out!!

09:53 AM Jul 21 2008 |