Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

What is 'successful marriage'

devindernagpal

India

Friends,

All of us use word 'successful marriage',what are essentaials of it & which marriage you call a successful marriage ?

Do you feel that a couple living together under one roof , for whole of the life can be called successful marriage.

05:35 PM Apr 26 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

pop272001

pop272001

Indonesia

..justic: but Do not crying in eyes..while laughing in heart and saying (in heart) "horay..I will get free..Laughing)..

10:21 AM May 12 2008 |

birgül1

Turkey

two men had been talking about his marriages :

one man had said:''my wife is angel''

the other man:you are very lucky! ''my wife is still alive''

10:11 PM May 12 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

Once a man went to mad house with the idea to understnd miseries of mad people.He met an man who was crying bitterly & he was carring an photographof a beautiful girl in his hand, on enquiring he came to know that he got mad because he loved that girl very much but she got married with some other man.

He moved futher ahead & there was also another man who was also carrying photogrph in his hand,on enquring he came to know that he became mad because he got married to that woman.

& the photgraph was of the same girl.One gets mad in failing of getting a girl & the other got mad because of marrying the same girl.

hahahhahaaaaa

01:05 AM May 13 2008 |

helly he

China

i donot know what is a successful marriage,even i have friend, i donot want to get married. love cannot last forever.

02:27 AM May 13 2008 |

save

Azerbaijan

i think that every mariage   must begin with love and continue  with respect till the end of partners life .but sometimes this rule broke and childrens support from it Cry

10:23 AM May 13 2008 |

pleaseaskme

China

I dont know now!Frown

06:24 PM May 13 2008 |

nichol147

nichol147

Malaysia

i also not yet married.i think the successful marriage is maybe like you cant handle anything problem  in your married and you glad without your couple.

06:35 PM May 13 2008 |

ailyn

ailyn

Philippines

a marriage is only successful when at the end of EVERY storm, the two of you stand together, smile at each other, hold hands and say, "we did it honey, thank you".

Success in marriage isnt only seen by the house you built, by the education u gave to your kids, by the car you got.. these are just material things which is also helpful. But how you live up to your marriage and how you deal with each problem you face everyday is the most important thing.

Being happy and being still married with my husband, i can say its my success.

Most of the time we just say, yes im married..but are you really happy?...what makes you happy then?? Its complicated for me sometimes but i always think i am the luckiest woman on earth to have a husband like mine. Not perfect, but i love the imperfections.

Success in marriage means have you, as spouse did your part of making it succesful? Did you handle your part well?

Keeping your marriage healthy is just keeping your life in the right pace…its an everyday thing, and sometimes its a struggle..but the most important thing is whether you stood up after all and smile and say, we did it, thanks honey.

07:36 PM May 13 2008 |