Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

About sex culture

Akasha

Akasha

Spain

Tell us about the sex in your own culture.

I'm from Spain, an here the people goes with a different person every day…..But there are other people that doesn't like this way….

Guys in Spain usually goes to the disco to pick up girls, and girls too but they are fewer….

Moreover, in my country you can have sex when you want, though you have 13 years old…. Actually, almost all the people loses the virginity around 16 years old….

In addition, sex shops are proliferating in Spain, and there are a lot of advertising about sex products, films,... This fact didn't exist a few years ago….

Hi, I think all your aswer are very interesting, but can you tell us about the sex culture in your country, in addition of your oppinion, please?

Thank youuu!

05:55 PM Apr 26 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Akasha

Akasha

Spain

No, it isn't the dog position Laughing.

12:25 PM Apr 30 2008 |

Akasha

Akasha

Spain

Ladyes and gentlemen!hahaha pleaseeee!!!

When I did this subject I thought that it was a place to dialogue, not to fight.

Please, be tolerable with the rest of oppinions…

12:35 PM Apr 30 2008 |

Jane Doe

Jane Doe

Indonesia

I'm with August and Mark here..

but I cant say much since I haven't got my sex Undecided

I don't really care about sexual culture because sex is personal and it's not about the social scope identity, it's about your identity. whether you like to get laid in a one night stand scene, sharing the deepest intimacy with your boyfriend/girlfriend, or waiting for the right person to come, it's actually none of people's business. and people have no right to put a label on others based on their sexual activity.

12:20 PM May 01 2008 |

risingsun1

risingsun1

China

in old times  sex was seen as a very serious thing but now

people no more care so much espacialy the born after 80 

12:24 PM May 01 2008 |

aljensen

aljensen

United States

Actually, some of the best sex I have ever had was with someone I didn't particularly care for. Well, I guess I liked her well enough. We mostly spent our time fighting, though.

03:19 PM May 01 2008 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

In Mexico exists a double moral about sex.

In some towns (rural communities mostly) religion makes them feel guilty with topics about sex. But in the cities the people is more open-minded.

Actually people start their sexual life younger than the generations of the 80´s and 90´s. It´s between the 14-17 years.  There´s a big problem with single mothers (they get pregnant too young).

Parents expect schools teach about sex to their sons and daughters, and school expects the parents do it. Meanwhile many young people navigate between wrong information and put their health in risk.

But not all is too bad. Campaigns about pregnancy, distribution of condoms, and serious TV programs about sex are solving the point of view of mexican people. Sex is not a tabu in the cities.

Men in the mexican society are well seen when they have sex with a lot of women. And the society expect the girls arrive immaculate until they get married. But this 2 ideas are dying with the new generations.

11:50 PM May 20 2008 |

american-English

United States

Ever country has its own way of respect, its values and ways to act and dress. These things make sex different in different countries. Please others think about this as they write?

11:47 PM Oct 07 2008 |

american-English

United States

Sex deals with the human body. How we see our body makes a differents and how we see other human bodys also has something to how we feel sexually. We are only aware of what we think about, sex makes our body act differently more then we can be aware of. We respond to how people look, our emotions make us be different no matter how we think. We try to control ourselves, some people control themselves more then others. What is key is the respect we have and the understanding we have for each other. Rspect has to be learned. Understanding comes from each of us attempting to try to understand how the other feels.

11:58 PM Oct 07 2008 |

Veter

Veter

Russian Federation

Hi all! I'm from Russia. I guess that both way it is right. There are sex for fun and sex with love. Some peoples like one and some another. I think that the main thing is don’t hurt your partner. If he and she want only sex why not? If it is suit for both? Why can not  they enjoy it? But if you see that you partner love you and for him sex isn’t only fun, I guess you should reject it. Sex is simply a part of our life, peoples need it like food, drinks and so on. You can eat your favorite dish but if you haven’t  eating for a long I sure you will eat everything. Sex is the same. So Everyone can use his own way but the main rule is that you must not hurt or deceive other people.

Akasha, what do you tink about it?

Thanks for attention. See you.

08:38 PM Nov 07 2008 |

M_honor

M_honor

Lebanon

Akasha, I wasn't astonish when I read this kind of life. when the one has no fear from God, you can expect from him anything. 

10:18 PM Nov 08 2008 |