Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

tell me about Buddhism

monatta

monatta

Saudi Arabia

I know nothing about this religion  

11:26 PM Apr 26 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

People had already known that there’s so many human rights violation occure in china.I just want to know that from chinese people himself.I suppose to think that chinese are very patriotic to their country,but I hope they’d use their humanity feeling in to this.

09:22 PM Apr 30 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

People had already known that there’s so many human rights violation occure in china.I just want to know that from chinese people himself.I suppose to think that chinese are very patriotic to their country,but I hope they’d use their humanity feeling in to this.

09:24 PM Apr 30 2008 |

waxiaoku

China

I hear over and over again, many people from other countries blame "such and such" about China. But some are not true.

Take MarkChina for example, I think it might be true (I am really not sure) but as far as I am concerned, I never know such things happening. There are temples and churches, but surely, temples are much more popular than temples. People can be in and out those places freely. I haven't noiced there is anybody is charging of the temple except monks and preists.

And again, most Chinese people don't believe in any religions. Accept it or not, but it is true. None of people around me claime he/she is a christian or believes in Buddism despite some of them hope Budda blesses them such as make a fortune, keep fit, good luck and go to temples occassionally, but if you ask them:"Do you believe in buddism?" Seven out of ten will say:"no"

It is very interesting that many Chinese utter :"lao tian ye(老天爷)" quite frequently. But it is hard to imagine that you persuade them into going to temple regularly or believing in Buddism.

Most Chinese believe religion is a kinda of cheating because God and budda and so on are imaginary( not existing at all) . But nowadyas,they aren't against other people believe in religions.

02:24 AM May 01 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Angel – maybe it’s true that china isn’t against religion but they’re not supporting it either.because china is a communist country..I’m a practising christian but not a believing one.I hope all country’d serve their people with free rights to express their belief..peace. : )

09:26 PM May 01 2008 |

Small--Q

China

08:45 AM May 09 2008 |

Rkiew

Rkiew

Malaysia

I don't believe that the China is against the Buddism or religion. Everyone can be the buddist practitioner or choose to be other religion. On contrary, if the person go to the temple and wordship the god, doesn't mean that he is buddist practitioner. Most of the temples in China are becoming tourist spots and commercialize. Buddhism is an education, not a religion. We do not worship the Buddha, we respect him as a teacher. His teachings enable us to escape from suffering and attain happiness.

Cultivation is practiced in our everyday life. We should not see it as something unusual, it is simply changing our-selves for the better.
To keep our mind pure and at peace is like keeping a pond clean and undisturbed. When the water is clear and still, it can reflect the sky, sun and trees just as
they are, without distortion. Our mind is the same. When we are polluted by greed, anger, ignorance and disturbed by discriminations and attachments, we distort our picture of reality and fail to see things as they are.

"What goes around comes around." "Treat others the way we would like to be treated." If we want world peace for future generations and ourselves we should refrain from erroneous acts and cultivate kindness.

03:48 PM May 09 2008 |

wangdongxue

China

Rkiew you know China well. You are very close to Chinese.

04:34 PM May 09 2008 |