Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

My roommate was still a virgin untill she got married

lucybaby219

China

I live in China, although some girls here are very open and forward in the matter of love and sex, many still keep their virginity before marriage.

take my roommate for example, she has been in a solid relationship with her boyfriend for 5 years, it’s a love marathon, isn’t it~~ she is going to get married this July, when she’s on business travel, her caring boyfriend sends her text messages every day every hour, my roommate told me that she wanted to have a baby in the first year of their marriage, she loves children. For the well being of her up-coming baby, her boyfriend has quitted smoking and drinking even before the marriage!! And she took a jog every morning to keep healthy, do they go too far?

One night when we chatted , she told me she felt weird about lying in the same bed with her husband-to-be after they get married, then I asked “have you two had sex yet……..?” she shook her head and told me she was against “the premarital sex”, I was astonished, for one thing, I don’t like it she used the term “premarital sex” , sounds like something illegal, for another, they never have sex! And she already has this “baby plan”!! My god….is this world crazy or it’s just me ……..?

02:34 AM Apr 29 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

pop272001

pop272001

Indonesia

Woman isn’t like a car and anything else! Having sex before marriage is her right, yes absolutely correct! But do U know, what benefit u get from it?. Man give/leave ‘something’ and woman get ‘anything’. After doing sex, man still ‘fresh’ and nothing left in his body! But not for woman! Beside U get ‘new human’, sometimes U get ‘genital disease’. Ok..that’s your right what U wanna do with your body! But loves your body with healthy life!

03:09 PM Apr 29 2008 |

pop272001

pop272001

Indonesia

Woman isn’t like a car and anything else! Having sex before marriage is her right, yes absolutely correct! But do U know, what benefit u get from it?. Man give/leave ‘something’ and woman get ‘anything’. After doing sex, man still ‘fresh’ and nothing left in his body! But not for woman! Beside U get ‘new human’, sometimes U get ‘genital disease’. Ok..that’s your right what U wanna do with your body! But loves your body with healthy life!

03:09 PM Apr 29 2008 |

M. Augustus

United States

Ultimately its their own choice.  I completely support the right of two individuals to make those kinds of decisions for themselves, even if I think they are a little antiquated.

The difficulty arises when societies demand it of people.  Mark raises a very key point – almost universally, these societies have a much milder position on men's premarital sex lives than women's – and this is a major problem.

On the matter of too many abortions/unwanted kids – this is not a problem stemming from premarital sex, but from inadequate education about safe sex practices.

03:12 PM Apr 29 2008 |

hekmer

hekmer

Saudi Arabia

THE THINKS AND ALL THE PRAISE FOR ALLAH ,

IN ISLAMIC COUNTERIES ALL OF US MALE AND FEMAL HAVE THIS VANTASTIG CHARACTERISM….Cool

* AMIRACLE  معجزة * مثيرة , مدهشة *EXCITING, AMAZING

03:15 PM Apr 29 2008 |

M. Augustus

United States

Angel, that jealousy doesn't really come up, especially when both people have had sex with other people before.

03:18 PM Apr 29 2008 |

AnDrEi_17

Uruguay

well, everyone has their own idea about sex, for example, my parents are very old-fashioned and hope me to keep my virginity untill I marry. I don't agree with them, so if I had a boyfrien for such a long time, I'd had sex with him, it's not ilegal or dirty. It's very normal.

06:32 PM Apr 29 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Angel:we share the same idea about how men should keep his lover “safe and sound”,if he really loves her.but practically it(keeping virginity) is difficult to do. : )

07:49 PM Apr 29 2008 |

M. Augustus

United States

I hope not, Angel!  

A man who loves a woman should give her some measure of independence and freedom, and vice-versa!  We call a person who wants to keep his lover around him all the time 'clingy' – and it's a bad thing.  When a relationship consists of two people without independent, separate identities, it's a terrible, terrible thing.

09:28 PM Apr 29 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Yeah from my experience,having sex would diminish our loving grade.so I strongly encourage the commited couple to not overdoing physical relation.I don’t know what’s the logic reason,but I felt it that way.I have to say also that not all men will do the thing you said before.there’s many good men out there.. : )

09:33 PM Apr 29 2008 |

lucybaby219

China

dear all, Thank you for showing interest on this topic, i've read your comments carefully.many of you who response to this topic disagree with the idea of "premarital sex", i'm a little surprised at this, honestly. but as i gave some thoughts to this, you do get a point there. premarital sex has good side and bad side, i didn't see much of its bad side before, many people thinks the premarital sex brings problems like "teenage mom" , "abortion", and "sexual diseases"; some people thinks this pre-sex leads to the fact that few and few couples want to get married, relationships without boundaries could be much easier to handle, especially on the man's side; well, some guys would get jealous if their favorite girl has slept with other men before, this doesn’t make sense to me, a man who thinks this way must be lack of self confidence himself.I know that in many Asian countries including China, men want their wives to be a total “white paper” so the husbands would be the first person to write their life chapter, especially in the matter of sexual experience. and one interesting thing in China is , if a girl has slept with a western guy, the Chinese guys would get so pissed off, they would think of her as a “whore” or a “slut”…… When I say “ before you buy a  car , you should take it for a test drive.”, I don’t see women as cars, but I mean you should live with the person you love for a while to see whether you  fit together.

02:56 AM Apr 30 2008 |