Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

LOVE Or MONEY...?

Lin etual

Lin etual

Russian Federation

Lot’s of russian girls dream of marrying a wealthy foreighner , not saying a word about love. There are few ones who would be happy to live with a poor beloved! And what would you prefer?

07:04 PM Apr 30 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

I think it’s normal for a woman dreaming of having a wealthy husband.because SOMETIMES,she thinks that a man should firstly be liable for himself and the for her as well..but for me,if I may,I’d pick both. : )

11:25 PM Apr 30 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

I think it’s normal for a woman dreaming of having a wealthy husband.because SOMETIMES,she thinks that a man should firstly be liable for himself and then for her as well..but for me,if I may,I’d pick both. : )

11:34 PM Apr 30 2008 |

waxiaoku

China

The topic let me remember a very funny story, a true story in fact. A famous Chinese hostess of a TV programm interviewed a migrant labour worker( a farmer who does part-time job in a city)

She said to the farmer:"I think it is far more important to stay together with your faimilies than making money."

The worker who was sweating because of hard work gave her an absent look.

The famous hostess is called"XX" hahah It is better not mention her name.

Sure love is important but with money you can do more for others.

Everybody here please make money as possible as you can and help those who need your hands.

02:42 AM May 01 2008 |

loveyama

loveyama

China

rightnow i think most of love are base on money, if without money love will be no longer beauty.money is not the most important thing but it play a important role in our daily life, so if love without money it would be a pity,if money without love it's a regret.

09:13 AM May 01 2008 |

nicole.liu

Hong Kong

i will never accept a marriage which have no love

09:30 AM May 01 2008 |

Lin etual

Lin etual

Russian Federation

I see love’s more important to all of you, but imagine situation like this:
you need a big some of money to help your ill relative. There’s a poor (wo)man who you love with all your heart, and a rich one who wants to marry you but who you hate.
What would you do?

09:56 AM May 01 2008 |

Girl90

Girl90

Poland

Both things are very important in our life. Without money we can't aford to buy food, clothes, etc. but we can't marry just for money!! It's stupid.  without love our life is empty…

02:02 PM May 01 2008 |

p_jakkis

Thailand

I agree That ,,,love can not be eaten ,,,but money can be eaten (buy some food)......for me love can encourage to do everything ,,,if you believe on that 

02:13 PM May 02 2008 |

fatcat_gigi

Hong Kong

I will choose a man who I love him very much. Of course, money is important in my life too, no money, many things can't be done. But, money may not only gain from my the one I loved. I can earn money from my job and many other sources.

02:36 PM May 02 2008 |

aljensen

aljensen

United States

Money!

But I think that having productive, dignified work that you can be proud of is probably the most important. I am not a marxist, but I think Marx was right when he says that it's the labor you do that really defines you (and society).

02:46 PM May 02 2008 |