Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

tasty fruit from my country ... did you try it once ?

monatta

monatta

Saudi Arabia

this fuit is called dates  .  do you know it

it is only planted in Arabian peninsula . and especially in my country Saudi Arabia  .  these are pictures for thier trees :

we usually eat dates with Arabian coffee  .

12:25 PM May 03 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Casiol

Casiol

Malaysia

monatta, when it's time to break the fast…i eat soooooo much….i couldn't even walk with my big stomach bwahahahah :D

kidding lol :D

yup in here there r only available dried…still there r also the fresh one but very3 rare n hard to find…n also more expensive… i had tasted the fresh dates when my dad had came back from performing hajj two years ago….n also the one sold in my country…. i don't know why it's a bit different  ^^ ... maybe the dates that my dad had brought back is fresher than the imported one :p

nah…i prefer dried dates :D

uff yeah i hope that u can introduce us with more type of dates available in your country

:p 

05:42 PM May 04 2008 |

birgül1

Turkey

I am fond of it,too.We can often eat them.hmm,i want to eat soon.let me got to market.Smile

Monatta,

can you explain me how to insert an image?I couldnt manage it.Already now,thanks…

06:07 PM May 04 2008 |

fanni szabo

Hungary

I think we should ask who doesn't know it ? Dates is a lovely fruit:) in Hungarian we call it 'datolya' ('ly' = 'j')

07:07 PM May 04 2008 |

monatta

monatta

Saudi Arabia

Fanni  , 

it seems you are right  ,  all members know it

birgul  ,

it is of my pleasure to help you  ,  

fist  :   the picture must be from a site in the internet ,  click on it with right buttom of the mouse and choose (propareties )

second : from the propareties window ,  copy the URL ADRESS

third : come to tools of ebaby site which appear above the reply area and click on the buttom (insert and edit picture )

fourth :  a nwe window will open   . and you will find a place for adding the IMAGE URL   .  JUST PASTE on it  , and press insert

is  it clear explanation   Wink   .  try it and answer 

09:30 PM May 05 2008 |

monatta

monatta

Saudi Arabia

casiol  .  I hope you can perform hajj  soon , and eat the fresh dates in makkah and maddinah  .  

and about the types there are many  , the dates of maddinah and makkah are different from the dates which planet in my twon   , hence , the names are also different . 

I live in eastern region of saudi arabia ,  in town called Al Hsa    ,  some kinds of  frish dates here are yallow  ,  red , brown ,light green and some kinds are pink  .

09:49 PM May 05 2008 |

monatta

monatta

Saudi Arabia

wow  , nu pogodi  , 

you realy  surprised me  .  you know maamoul  , Laughing very glad 

it is as you said ,  so  Yummmmy  Tongue out

10:10 PM May 05 2008 |

Casiol

Casiol

Malaysia

ok i want to order one Laughing send to me via fed ex :D

yeah wish that i can perform hajj soon… my dad was very lucky, because he went there 2 times for work (he's an assistant medical officer)...he need to take care of the malaysian people…as well as performing hajj in there…free of charge :D

he said that God helps the people who is very committed in life…n he seems to be right :p 

well monatta… is the light green one can be eaten??

07:49 AM May 06 2008 |

monatta

monatta

Saudi Arabia

so , enjoy it  Nu pogodi  . Wink

casiol  ,

very good job what your dad have ,  he is realy lucky .Smile

and about the light green . 

one kind of date does not change its color when it is fully developed  . but you be sure it is good to be eaten when you find a part of it becomes  light brown  . 

10:59 AM May 06 2008 |

birgül1

Turkey

Thanks a lot, monatta. I could manage it finally thanks to your assistance.

These daisies are  for you…Smile

12:19 PM May 06 2008 |

Casiol

Casiol

Malaysia

aaaaahhhh  choooooooommmmmmmm!!!!!!

is there any daisies in this thread???

bwahahahahah ^^ 

12:34 PM May 06 2008 |