Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Dear Chinese friends,'How are you'

devindernagpal

India

Dear Chinese Friends,

It's very sad that so many people died in earhquake,so many injured & so many has become homeless.I wish to share the grief.Wish you all the best & happy life.I have an faith that chinese people are very brave & meet the all the situations very well.Although we are helpless .

There are so many chinese friends also,I want to hear their voice.

Regards

12:47 AM May 13 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Rikarduhedgehog

Portugal

terrible earthquake :'(

I hope all of you, friends, be okay :)

Best wishes

02:14 PM May 14 2008 |

Rikarduhedgehog

Portugal

terrible earthquake :'(

I hope all of you, friends, be okay :)

Best wishes

02:15 PM May 14 2008 |

einai

einai

China

It's good to hear so many kind people here praying and concerning the earthquake victims. I think that's why this cruel world is worth living. Because we trust love, we still have the virtue of caring for others in this society.

02:36 PM May 14 2008 |

einai

einai

China

I had tears in my eyes when I watched the several pieces of news: A 2 or 3 year-old little girl was rescued after nearly 50 hours' being buried under the collapsed buildings. Her parents put her in arms when the quakes came and covered her with their bodies. The innocent little girl was too young to understand that her loving daddy and mommy would never "wake up" again. She said she would like to watch cartoons …The similar thing happened in a school. A male married teacher sacrificed his life for protecting 4 students. All of the 4 students were found alive under the dead body of their brave teacher…And I've heard that people from other nearby counties and cities drive or walk into the area voluntarily (the small shocks are still occuring), offering free drinkable water and food to the refugees.

02:43 PM May 14 2008 |

englishlabor

China

I am living far from Sichuan.there was nothing seriously happening here.But I still feel very sorry  for the disaster.This year lots of terrible things happen to China.I believe that all these things are the tough ordeals for us Chinese people.But as we all know,Chinese people are strong and brave.I think we will soon get through all these difficulties.I believe that in this August,the Olympic Games will bring luck back to China.

03:05 PM May 14 2008 |

yanan0716

China

As a Chinese, I deeply appreciate so many foreign friends for their heartwarming words. Although I live far from the earthquake stiken place in Sichuan province, I am ready to do whatever I can to contribute. Currently, each and every Chinese people are united with a hope of recovering from the disaster ASAP.

As a matter of fact, people around the globe are in one family, in which we share common joy and sadness. Wish people in all countries fine!

03:21 PM May 14 2008 |

莫寞

莫寞

China

Really a lot of thanks,my dear foreigner friend.I think some homeless people will be gratified after hearing your words.

04:38 PM May 14 2008 |

Jameli

Jameli

Philippines

I can't help, but pray for the victims of another natural catastophe that we have no control of. I pray that God would send help, that the missing ones would be found soon… I also pray for the comfort and healing of the injured ones… and for those who lost their love ones and friends, I pray they would turn to God and seek His peace and His salvation. I believe that in matters where in we have no control of, we could only think of a great God who allow bad things to happen so we would depend on Him… Maybe these are times that He really wants us all to go back to the core of our faith, whatever religion we may belong, we all ought to come together in prayers, to humble ourselves and seek God today for His mercy and His salvation. To the Chinese community, there's a new tomorrow, don't despair, don't lose hope… God is simply teaching us to believe in Him. There's always a new beginning for you….  

05:25 PM May 14 2008 |

shanmuga

shanmuga

Sri Lanka

DEAR MY CHINES FRIENDS WE FEEL VERY SAD ABOUT THE SITUATION ANY HOW WE MUST FACE THE SITUATION AND I FEEL CHINESE PEOPLE ARE VERY STRONG  AND THEY CAN REBUILD CHIN AGAIN AND AGAIN WE ARE HELPLESS TO COME DIRECT TO SERVE YOU ALL BUT WE PRAY FOR THEM AND

DEEP SYMPATHIES ON THEM SHAN FROM SRILANKA

11:33 PM May 14 2008 |

rusminah

rusminah

Malaysia

All i can say is may their soul rest in peace and those who is survived, suffered traumatic and loss of their love, be strong because no matter what happened life must go on. Lets just pray to God and may God will give them strength.

01:59 AM May 15 2008 |