Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

mike , your answer

monatta

monatta

Saudi Arabia

mike  , 

before answering your question let me remember  you of something

all muslims  suna and shia  believes prophet commited no mistake in revealing the religion and in  transforming  quran and rules of god .

some of them  say that even in his presonal life  ,  he was guided by his lord  , and some said in his personal life  , he was like any ordinary man  . he can make mistakes  .  if you ask me about my opinion  , I would say I am from the first group  .  

now ,your answer

I know may be two things that are used to criticise prophet's personality    ,  and are considered as his faults and weaknesses for many  non muslims    .

let us speak about  one of them  . than move to another one

in fact  ,  prophet is critisized now for having many wives .  he acused of being lusty man    .  polygamy is something not accepted now as before in his time     .

honestly  , I had this thought as will until I got the convinced answer which release me  

let us see  :  does prophet purpose of marrying many wives was the sexual pleasure .

I know from his life  that it is not   .

I am not saying this  because I was brain washed , but because I read and had the answer for my questions  ? and these are some of  the evidences that  convince me : 

1 – prophet did not marry until he reach 25 years old  .  before that he did not involve in any relation with any woman .  

2  – he did not marry until he had been engaged by 40 years old woman called kadija  ,  this woman married twice before the prophet  and had children from her ex-husbands   .

3-  he remained with one elderly wife since he was 25 until 50 years old   ,  she died when he was 50  

4  -  he remained 2 years with out wife after her death and was so sad that  he called the year in which she died in ( the year of sadness )   

5   – the first woman he married to after two  years of Kadija's death . was 80 years old widow  .

6 -   Most of his wives were either widows (older than him in age too) or divorced women (also most of them were either older or same age).  Only one of his wives was a virgin, and he only married her because her father was his best friend.  He wanted to strengthen that relationship.  And it was her father who offered her to our Prophet  . 

05:28 AM May 24 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Jane Doe

Jane Doe

Indonesia

does prophet purpose of marrying many wives was the sexual pleasure

no he didn't. (it was in the past right?)

I believe that the prophet purpose was to protect widows whose husbands were died in war…remembering that it was a dark age in Arabian world, it is understandable.

however men these days looking for sexual pleasure when they have two or more wives. and they try to legitimate their actions by saying that it's what the prophet did when actually the prophet did it for a completely different reason.. 

06:13 AM May 24 2008 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

I Agree with jane, but today it is completly different. recently there was an artical in the news paper about a man. this man had 4 wives and 25 children, now he blames the government for his poverty. how silly can people get. in india muslims are allowed to marry any number of times, hindus and christians are not allowed (leagaly)

07:41 AM May 24 2008 |

Jane Doe

Jane Doe

Indonesia

Javamanju: india muslims are allowed to marry any number of times, hindus and christians are not allowed (leagaly)

Jav, which is good ;) I'll slap a ho if my man decided he needs more than one wife.Laughing

09:01 AM May 24 2008 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

YEP and you have the right according to me, few forward thinking politicians what muslims also to come under single marraige act, but people who implement this will be certain to loose muslim votes, so no one is trying to enact, “uniform civil code’

09:30 AM May 24 2008 |

monatta

monatta

Saudi Arabia

I am glad that you both have this opinion .

and  

I also think you have the right to do so  jane  .   

but i want to ask you jav ,  are you sure indian muslims marry as much women as they want  ?  in islam , man is not allowed to have more than 4 . 

03:32 PM May 24 2008 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

YES 4 ONLY, for me that is “as many ” , people can’t manage 2 how can any one manage 4? damn

04:16 PM May 24 2008 |

monatta

monatta

Saudi Arabia

Smile

java  ,  I know why you wrote the first sentence with capital letters . 

sorry for bothering you by my Question  ,   and in fact I agree with you that 4 wife are considered  " many " . 

man in this time work hard to be able to gather money for his marriage , and than work hard to feed his family and work hard to insure his children's  future  in order to join universities , complete their  study , and achieve success  . the time now is not like prophet time  , before life was so simple but  now it is extremely complicated , children are more demanding and need more than before  . 

4 or 5 children exhaust their parents  ,  what about 25  .    

as your local newspaper talked about the stupid indian man who have 4 wives and 25 children  .  also my local newspaper  published an interview with saudi stupid man married 11 women during his life   , and have more than 30 sons and daughters  .  he divorced all the women except three  , and he have the willing to marry more  .  what can I say about this man  ,  shall I insult him only or insult him with  the women who agreed to  married him . 

this kind of men  will not spend any effort to raise his children because he is selfish and care about women and sex only   , so must of the sons will be  bad , perverse and rotten    

07:59 PM May 24 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Monatta,since the one who write this post is you,so I have no doubt about its originality.but still if I were muhammed I’d adopt the young girl as my daughter not as my wife.she’s too young for me and has no future with me since my time on earth is closer to the end.she’d be better with smone with her age..

10:50 PM May 24 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Monatta,I know that we must use both of our faith and smtimes logical thinking if we deals with religion.and I believe that you’re an educated one and also know how to distinguish facts and what’s fake..like I’d said before that I believe there’s no perfect human even prophets are also imperfect.so why do you believe that,personally,mohammed is perfect and flawless?why do you think that God made a different treat to him?

11:07 PM May 24 2008 |