Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

mike , your answer

monatta

monatta

Saudi Arabia

mike  , 

before answering your question let me remember  you of something

all muslims  suna and shia  believes prophet commited no mistake in revealing the religion and in  transforming  quran and rules of god .

some of them  say that even in his presonal life  ,  he was guided by his lord  , and some said in his personal life  , he was like any ordinary man  . he can make mistakes  .  if you ask me about my opinion  , I would say I am from the first group  .  

now ,your answer

I know may be two things that are used to criticise prophet's personality    ,  and are considered as his faults and weaknesses for many  non muslims    .

let us speak about  one of them  . than move to another one

in fact  ,  prophet is critisized now for having many wives .  he acused of being lusty man    .  polygamy is something not accepted now as before in his time     .

honestly  , I had this thought as will until I got the convinced answer which release me  

let us see  :  does prophet purpose of marrying many wives was the sexual pleasure .

I know from his life  that it is not   .

I am not saying this  because I was brain washed , but because I read and had the answer for my questions  ? and these are some of  the evidences that  convince me : 

1 – prophet did not marry until he reach 25 years old  .  before that he did not involve in any relation with any woman .  

2  – he did not marry until he had been engaged by 40 years old woman called kadija  ,  this woman married twice before the prophet  and had children from her ex-husbands   .

3-  he remained with one elderly wife since he was 25 until 50 years old   ,  she died when he was 50  

4  -  he remained 2 years with out wife after her death and was so sad that  he called the year in which she died in ( the year of sadness )   

5   – the first woman he married to after two  years of Kadija's death . was 80 years old widow  .

6 -   Most of his wives were either widows (older than him in age too) or divorced women (also most of them were either older or same age).  Only one of his wives was a virgin, and he only married her because her father was his best friend.  He wanted to strengthen that relationship.  And it was her father who offered her to our Prophet  . 

05:28 AM May 24 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

monatta

monatta

Saudi Arabia

mike ,  

since you are christian man  ,  I would share you a saying for the jesus are told in the quran :

27] At length she brought the (babe) to her people, carrying him (in her arms). They said: "O Maryam! truly an amazing thing hast thou brought!

[28] "O sister of Harun! thy father was not a man of evil, nor thy mother a woman unchaste!"

29] But she pointed to the babe. They said: "How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?"

[30] He said: "I am indeed a servant of Allah: He hath given me revelation and made me a prophet;

[31] "And He hath made me blessed wheresoever I be, and hath enjoined on me Prayer and Charity as long as I live:

[32] "(He) hath made me kind to my mother, and not overbearing or miserable;

[33] "So Peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)!"

11:12 PM May 28 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Monatta,I’m sorry that I still didn’t quite understand your point about the perfection of muhammad.please let me know about your logical and historical reason to believe its truthness also quran’s verses which support that idea..
btw what’s the different of shia’s belief and sunni belief?why did the people arounds you make it so serious anyway?

07:10 PM May 29 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

I’d heard before that islam didn’t believe in yesus crucifixion and resurrection.am I right?what do you want to share with me about that yesus’ verse?

07:33 PM May 29 2008 |

monatta

monatta

Saudi Arabia

what a big questions that you ask here mike  ?  each one need very very long answer and  hours of writing  .

look   ,  I will answer you about jesus and mohammed  with detail , but suna and shia  beliefs  .  sorry I can't  . it will create a lot of troubles for me ,  I have a lot of sunni and shi'ai  friends here  ? I do not want to hurt their feeling , I prefer to be tolerance and not to criticize any one belief here  . I want to keep  my belief to my self  .   

I will start answering you about jesus first ,  it is easier because I will say nothing but verses  from qur'an    .

But first I want to be sure about something , so I want from you a favor 

would you please refer to the bible that you have and search for this verses or paragraph  (I do not know what do you call it )  that is written here from the book of luke (  24 : 36 to 43 )  and write it on this thread . please . I trust you  .      

10:14 PM May 29 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Luke 24:36-43
(36) and as they thus spake,jesus himself stood in the midst of them,and saith unto them,peace be unto you.
(37)but they were terrified and affrighted,and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
(38)and he said unto them,why are you troubled?and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
(39)behold my hands and my feet,that it is I myself:handle me,and see;for a spirit hath not flesh and bones,as ye see me have
(40)and when he had thus spoken,he shewed them his hand and his feet.
(41)and while they yet believed not for joy,and wondered,he said unto them,have ye here any meat?
(42)and they gave him a piece of broiled fish,and of an honeycomb.
(43)and he took it,and did eat before them.

07:28 AM May 30 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

What’s that all about sunni and shia’s belief?did their belief is against each other or what,so they didn’t want it to be revealed to other?ok then.maybe it’s better not to touch that subjects if you didn’t feel comfortable with it..

07:40 AM May 30 2008 |

monatta

monatta

Saudi Arabia

thanks for the lines .  it like what I read in an article .

god speaks in Qura'n about Jewish and said :

[157] That they said (in boast), "We killed Al-Masih 'Isa the son of Maryam, the Messenger of Allah"; but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not.

[158] Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise.

this explain the mystery of the event that habbened after crucifix .  when the disciples saw jesus as the lines which paste it here says 

In another sura in qur'an  , god said :

48] "And Allah will teach him the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Gospel,

[49] "And (appoint him) a Messenger to the Children of Israel, (with this message): "I have come to you, with a Sign from your Lord, in that I make for you out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by Allah's leave: and I heal those born blind, and the lepers, and I quicken the dead, by Allah's leave; and I declare to you what ye eat, and what ye store in your houses. Surely therein is a Sign for you if ye did believe

[50] "(I have come to you), to attest the Law which was before me. And to make lawful to you part of what was (before) forbidden to you; I have come to you with a Sign from your Lord. So fear Allah, and obey me.

[51] "It is Allah Who is my Lord and your Lord; then worship Him. This is a Way that is straight."

[52] When 'Isa found unbelief on their part he said: "Who will be my helpers to (the work of) Allah?" Said the disciples: "We are Allah's helpers: we believe in Allah, and do thou bear witness that we are Muslims.

[52] When 'Isa found unbelief on their part he said: "Who will be my helpers to (the work of) Allah?" Said the disciples: "We are Allah's helpers: we believe in Allah, and do thou bear witness that we are Muslims.

[53] "Our Lord! we believe in what Thou hast revealed, and we follow the Messenger; then write us down among those who bear witness."

Muslims are told  that the one who crucified is the disloyal  disciple .  he 's name is yahotha al escarpoti  . god said :

[54] And (then Unbelievers) plotted and planned, and Allah too planned, and the best of planners is Allah.

[55] Behold! Allah said: "O 'Isa! I will take thee and raise thee to myself and follow thee superior to those who reject Faith ( jewish), to the Day of Resurrection: then shall ye all return unto Me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute.

God addresses Christian people directly in qur'an and says  :

[171] O People of the Book! commit no excesses in your religion: nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Al-Masih 'Isa the son of Maryam was (no more than) A Messenger of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Maryam, and a Spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His Messengers. Say not "Trinity": desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is One God: glory be to Him: (far Exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs.

[172] Al-Masih disdaineth not to serve and worship Allah, nor do the angels, those nearest (to Allah): those who disdain His worship and are arrogant, He will gather them all together unto Himself to (answer).

[173] But to those who believe and do deeds of righteousness, He will give their (due) rewards, and more, out of His bounty: but those who are disdainful and arrogant, He will punish with a grievous penalty; nor will they find, besides Allah, any to protect or help them.

in another sura god tell us about discussion take place between him and jesus in the day of judgment , god remind him of many things   :

[109] One day will Allah gather the Messengers together, and ask: "What was the response ye received (from men to your teaching)?" They will say: "We have no knowledge: it is Thou who knowest in full all that is hidden.

[110] Then will Allah say: "O 'Isa the son of Maryam! recount My favour to thee and to thy mother. Behold! I strengthened thee with the holy spirit, so that thou didst speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. Behold! I taught thee the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Gospel. And behold! thou makest out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, by My leave, and thou breathest into it, and it becometh a bird by My leave, and thou healest those born blind, and the lepers, by My leave. And behold! thou bringest forth the dead by My leave. And behold! I did restrain the Children of Israel from (violence to) thee when thou didst show them the Clear Signs, and the Unbelievers among them said: `This is nothing but evident magic.'

[111] "And behold! I inspired the Disciples to have faith in Me and Mine Messenger; they said, `We have faith, and do thou bear witness that we bow to Allah as Muslims.'"

[112] Behold! the Disciples said: "O 'Isa the son of Maryam! can thy Lord send down to us a Table set (with viands) from heaven?" Said 'Isa: "Fear Allah, if ye have faith."

[113] They said: "We only wish to eat thereof and satisfy our hearts, and to know that thou has indeed told us the truth; and that we ourselves may be witnesses to the miracle."

[114] Said 'Isa the son of Maryam: "O Allah our Lord! send us from heaven a Table set (with viands), that there may be for us – for the first and the last of us – a solemn festival and a Sign from Thee; and provide for our sustenance, for Thou art the best Sustainer (of our needs)."

[115] Allah said: "I will send it down unto you; but if any of you after that resisteth faith, I will punish him with a penalty such as I have not inflicted on any one among all the peoples."

[116] And behold! Allah will say: "O 'Isa the son of Maryam! didst thou say unto men, 'Worship me and my mother as gods in derogation of Allah'?" He will say: "Glory to Thee! never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, Thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, though I know not what is in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden.

[117] "Never said I to them aught except what Thou didst command me to say, to wit, 'Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord'; and I was a witness over them whilst I dwelt amongst them; when thou didst take me up thou wast the Watcher over them, and Thou art a witness to all things.

[118] "If Thou dost punish them, they are Thy servants: if Thou dost forgive them, Thou art the Exalted in power, the Wise."

[119] Allah will say: "This is a day on which the truthful will profit from their truth: theirs are Gardens, with rivers flowing beneath, their eternal home: Allah well-pleased with them, and they with Allah: that is the great salvation, (The fulfilment of all desires).

[120] To Allah doth belong the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all that is therein, and it is He Who hath power over all things.

Sorry if this does not go with your belief   .

10:41 AM May 30 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

I believe in mine and you believe in yours.so there’s nothing to argue about.right?=)

02:18 PM May 30 2008 |

monatta

monatta

Saudi Arabia

yes , no arguing . this subject is  closed now Smile

i will prepare an answer for the second subject  . but can I ask : 

I want to know does the bible speak about faults were committed  by  jesus  .

does the bible mention a faults for the other prophets ? 

04:50 PM May 30 2008 |

monatta

monatta

Saudi Arabia

oh  , before closing the first subject  .  there is some questions please  . refering to this verse :

Said 'Isa the son of Maryam: "O Allah our Lord! send us from heaven a Table set (with viands), that there may be for us – for the first and the last of us – a solemn festival and a Sign from Thee; and provide for our sustenance, for Thou art the best Sustainer (of our needs)."

do you believe in this event and miracle ?

I want to hear the full story from you if the bible mentions it  . and want to know do you presently  celebrate and make  festival for remembering this occasion ,  if that happens , in  which date ?  

06:18 PM May 30 2008 |