Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Eurovision 2008

Lily :)

Russian Federation

WooHoo!!!!! Russia rules!!! We won the Eurovision contest!!!! Congrats to all my fellow countrymen!!!! Bilan and his team did a good job!!!! Laughing

10:55 PM May 24 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Sawdestination

Mexico

Are you kidding me???
Russia was between my 3 favorite countries to win the contest (besides Israel and Greece).
Congratulations!!!

01:26 AM May 25 2008 |

Dissipator

Dissipator

Ukraine

Well, my point is that Europe let him win this year contest just not to see him there for the third time in a row. LaughingWink All the same take my congratulations. At last you did it for the first time.

The rest of Europe hates us
No, Philosophise, this isn't the reason. The case is that your country is situated on the island and so you don't have plenty of neighbours. You may rely only on Ireland.Wink Look at the countries of former USSR, former Yugoslavia, Scandinavia. It isn't a song contest any more. People vote for a country, not for a song.

07:59 AM May 25 2008 |

Pavlionka

Pavlionka

Belarus

Dissipator, absolutely!! Laughing
Nobody wants to see Bilan at the Eurovision once again, hehe
And Eurovision is not about singing at all! This year there were too many post-soviet countries voting - and here we areCool

No, really, I also think that this new russian president Medvedev is a wizard!!! Just look at it: 
UEFA cup, ice hockey world championship, now this! 
And he has been the president yet only for less than 1 month!
OOh, I bet Russia will win most of the golden medals at the Olympics Laughing And what's next? Is anybody scared Wink?

09:22 AM May 25 2008 |

Russian Federation

Yeah, if to recall it, Russia almost all the times scored quite good results in Eurovision, and that's undoubtedly because we have many supporting countries. But this time we have done it at last! It's our first time. And as Pavlionka said: UEFA cup, ice hockeyworld championship, now this!! How great to see that something is improving in Russia)) P.s. But I don't think that it has anything to do with Medvedev. He didn'd do anything to Russia yet…

09:54 AM May 25 2008 |

Pavlionka

Pavlionka

Belarus

Lily, it was just a naughty joke Laughing (but you cannot deny – there's something suspicious going on, hehe… )

01:31 PM May 25 2008 |

etery

etery

Finland

I'm a bit surprised that Russia won the Eurovision contest. Honestly I liked Iceland, Georgia and Albania. They've sung very well.

Philosophise, why do you think that the rest of Europe hates UK? I think UK is a great country. I admire English culture, literature(Charles Dickens, P.G. Wodehouse, Ray Cooney, etc.), movies(ecpecially comedies). Although I didn't like UK performans on Eurovision contest. But it's just my opinion. It doesn't mean the song was bad. (By the way I didn't like Russian song. Just my opinion. But I'm proud anyway, because I'm RussianSmile)

03:07 PM May 25 2008 |

Keni

Keni

Azerbaijan

Lily, it is my topic in Ask English!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

03:30 PM May 25 2008 |

Lin etual

Lin etual

Russian Federation

And i liked Albanian girl most of all – never thought their language’s so beautiful!
Also congratulate all Russians = )

04:19 PM May 25 2008 |

boy from Baku

Azerbaijan

It's only politica.Wink

06:00 PM May 25 2008 |

iskenderun

iskenderun

Turkey

hi

06:58 PM May 25 2008 |