Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Sharon Stone's talk about Szechwan's earthquake

momo2005

Taiwan

What do you think?

I think that Sharon Stone's talk is inappropriate.

The Szechwan's earthquake is a tragedy.

Victims of the Szechwan's earthquake need help rather than criticism.

04:20 PM May 30 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

aljensen

aljensen

United States

"The thoughts and prayers of the American people are with the Chinese people, especially those directly affected. The United States stands ready to help in any way possible."

~President George W. Bush

The United States government has donated 3,000,000 U.S. dollars in money and supplies to the People's Republic of China. And yet no Chinese person has even mentioned it, or any of the other millions of dollars of aid coming from foreign countries. Instead, no less than three topics have been started on this forum about what some forgotten actress said at a party.

05:24 PM May 30 2008 |

aljensen

aljensen

United States

Also, the following American corporations donated to the earthquake relief efforts:

Dell Inc.: Dell Incorporated and its employees have pledged up to RMB 2.1 million (approx. US$301,000) in donations. Employees' donations are matched by Dell through the company's Direct Giving Program.[86][87]

Google.org: Google's public service arm Google.org will donate USD 1.5 million. Google will also match Googler's donations to other non-profits with Google's gift matching program. Googler's across the world has also organized various forms of aid such as blood drives, cash drives, targeted search, forum, and earthquake situation map.[88]

HP: Hewlett-Packard Company Foundation, HP and Employees Commit More Than $1 Million to Relief Efforts in China.[89]

05:30 PM May 30 2008 |

White Lys

Viet Nam

Hello, What's Sharon Stone's talk talked about ? Everybody can tell me about this?

03:04 AM May 31 2008 |

momo2005

Taiwan

She said that Szechwan's earthquake is a karma.

06:18 AM May 31 2008 |

aljensen

aljensen

United States

Right, momo, and there have been two threads besides yours started on the topic, and yet you had the audacity to start yet another one. All because some actress who isn't even famous said something bad. Nevermind what the President of the United States said, who is he? He isn't important. Neither is Queen Elizabeth of England, or the Prime Minister of Australia.

momo, you could at least take five minutes to respond to the other people on this thread.  You could at least say, "Than you United States government for your support. Thank you President Bush for your kind words." But you do not care, do you? 

If you care enough to post about what Sharon Stone said, you should at least care enough to post about what the President of the United States said. Or do you think Sharon Stone is the President of the United States? 

06:43 AM May 31 2008 |

天天eating

China

Sharon Stone just spoke out what she thought. I hope there aren't many who keep silent but have the same thought as her. God bless Chiness.

07:47 AM May 31 2008 |

White Lys

Viet Nam

Oh, Momo

I agree with you about: it's a tragedy. And follow me, all thing both because of us – human. Which case of earthquake is??. Do you know?? 

07:50 AM May 31 2008 |

Wennie Bear

China

She said the earthquake which happened in China is really funny!

08:41 AM May 31 2008 |

momo2005

Taiwan

I haven't any meaning of criticism.
I just talk about the matter with everyone.
Of course, I deeply appreciated everybody's kindness on behalf of Szechwan's sufferer.

12:00 PM May 31 2008 |

aljensen

aljensen

United States

Weenie Bear, she never said it was funny. You should be ashamed of yourself for spreading lies.

I don't agree with what Sharon Stone said. But you don't have to make things up to make what she said worse.

04:09 PM May 31 2008 |